General Replacement remote keyfob casing

Currently reading:
General Replacement remote keyfob casing

Morning all

Has anyone bought a replacement keyfob casing from the likes of ebay?

My GP key has worn rubber button covers, and a few pavement scars that i would like to resolve.

I've seen sellers that do just the rubber pads, and others with a complete casing.

What i'd like to know is, have any of you bought a replacement casing for your fob and key? And, did it all transfer from the old casing to the new without issue? Especially the keyblade. I don't want to fork out to have the keyblank cut.

Thanks

I got one from China a while ago, had to carry over the key blade spring, logo, battery tray and screw. The ones supplied by them didn't fit at all, the ones from my original key fit with a bit of persuasion.
The price is low enough for the hassle of getting one of these to be worth it.
Don't try it if you don't have a knack for such things, if you break something it will very expensive.

I've done it a few years ago (and will be doing it again this week in fact!), it's really easy and worthwhile. I'd recommend buying a whole new case and even a new Fiat badge to go with it (99p on PartsWorld's ebay store). Use your judgement and get the best looking case you can find within reason (think the one I bought was £9).

Remember, the innards of the old rectangular key (2006-2008) and the new 500 style key (200:cool: are NOT interchangeable.

I've done it a few years ago (and will be doing it again this week in fact!), it's really easy and worthwhile. I'd recommend buying a whole new case and even a new Fiat badge to go with it (99p on PartsWorld's ebay store). Use your judgement and get the best looking case you can find within reason (think the one I bought was £9).

Remember, the innards of the old rectangular key (2006-2008) and the new 500 style key (200:cool: are NOT interchangeable.

Is there a guide for this? I've heard the immobiliser chip is attached to the case of the key itself and not to the circuit board. My key battery slot bolt has sheared off and I was going to buy a case to just replace the battery slot, but if it's as simple as you say I might replace the whole key shell.

Is there a guide for this? I've heard the immobiliser chip is attached to the case of the key itself and not to the circuit board. My key battery slot bolt has sheared off and I was going to buy a case to just replace the battery slot, but if it's as simple as you say I might replace the whole key shell.

I'll do a guide tomorrow when it lands. The GP key has the chip on the remote board, so no need to worry about removing it.

My 2008 key (500 style) does not have the chip on the board, it sits separately in a slot, it's not glued and can be removed easily.

My 2008 key (500 style) does not have the chip on the board, it sits separately in a slot, it's not glued and can be removed easily.
I have the 2007 style one, I just wanted to check so I don't go guns blazing and smashing the immobiliser. :devil:

The guide will have to wait til tomorrow. It hasn't arrived in the post this morning.

That's fine mate, I'm in no urgency, I can cope with the key beating me up (y)

Just an update, Not arrived yet. I've sent the seller a message yesterday to complain and they've sent another in the post. As soon as it arrives, i'll get the guide sorted (y)

Get your immobiliser chip cloned (if such thing exists) and make a double key if they both arrive (y)

Thanks mate, I'm eagerly awaiting your key to arrive! :slayer:

Back