Technical Replacement clutch for a Fiat 1.9td 1999 reg S115VVG

Currently reading:
Technical Replacement clutch for a Fiat 1.9td 1999 reg S115VVG

Pastyman

Hi l have a Fiat motor home and at the moment it's in a garage having a new clutch fitted. Umm snag is they can't get a clutch to fit .they say they have tried 4 different ones but not compatible. Any idea what we can do . Thanks

Hi l have a Fiat motor home and at the moment it's in a garage having a new clutch fitted. Umm snag is they can't get a clutch to fit .they say they have tried 4 different ones but not compatible. Any idea what we can do . Thanks
Have you got the engine Series Number?
If the old clutch is cleaned off it may be possible to read some identifying details.

It may be this according to wikipedia in the bottom details, I don't know if that ties with your log book V5c details? Maybe brouse Fiat Ducato in wikipedia search and see what you think
Failing that this version
1697315682224.png
which I would have thought more popular as a PSA Group engine used in many Peugeots etc. 1.9 L PSA XUD9 turbo I4
I just put your Reg. in a GSF parts supplier and got this, is it one your garage tried, it is an LUK make? Also on eBay if an XUD9 engine there are several clutches advertised.

1929 TD
Fiat 280A10001929 ccSOHC 8vIndirect injection82 PS (60 kW; 81 hp) at 4100 rpm181 N⋅m (133 lb⋅ft) at 2500 rpm

It may be this according to wikipedia in the bottom details, I don't know if that ties with your log book V5c details? Maybe brouse Fiat Ducato in wikipedia search and see what you think
Failing that this versionView attachment 431217 which I would have thought more popular as a PSA Group engine used in many Peugeots etc. 1.9 L PSA XUD9 turbo I4
I just put your Reg. in a GSF parts supplier and got this, is it one your garage tried, it is an LUK make? Also on eBay if an XUD9 engine there are several clutches advertised.

1929 TD
Fiat 280A10001929 ccSOHC 8vIndirect injection82 PS (60 kW; 81 hp) at 4100 rpm181 N⋅m (133 lb⋅ft) at 2500 rpm
Thanks l actually found this same one on GSF parts and was going to call the garage on Mon. Not sure if they have tried the same one or not as they have tried 3 to 4 different ones. Thanks for your excellent response and solution.

If the old clutch is cleaned off it may be possible to read some identifying details.
Hi everyone just a update on the problem l have with a replacement clutch for my Fiat . The garage who are trying to fix the clutch have told me they have tried 7 units now. And also saying that the fiat company have not got a clutch to fit my vehicle. I am still away for a funeral so l can't get engine no . Any idea what l can do next apart from scrapping the vehicle.

Hi its Ken , good news my fiat motor home is back on the road. The garage managed to find a clutch that fitted after 8 attempts. Slightly more expensive but better than not using her or scrapping. Thanks to you and your colleagues on this site for info and guidance. Cheers/ Yeghes-Da as we say in Cornwall.

Back