Technical Replaced post cat O2 sensor and po141 code returns after 3 weeks

Currently reading:
Technical Replaced post cat O2 sensor and po141 code returns after 3 weeks

I had a po141 code with check engine light, the sensor was replaced with genuine sensor from Abarth tuning and after 3 weeks the same code po141 (heater circuit open circuit) returns. Anyone else ever had anything similar?

Thanks JS

I had a po141 code with check engine light, the sensor was replaced with genuine sensor from Abarth tuning and after 3 weeks the same code po141 (heater circuit open circuit) returns. Anyone else ever had anything similar?

Thanks JS
just a thought have you checked the faulty one for continuity in the heater circuit of the sensor?
Other than that is anything contaminating the new sensors, like oil or coolant?

just a thought have you checked the faulty one for continuity in the heater circuit of the sensor?
Other than that is anything contaminating the new sensors, like oil or coolant?
Sadly i threw away the old sensor as i was 95% sure it was faulty by checking the live data on an obd2 code reader, it was showing in open loop mode with a 0.03v and the replacement was .45v. I tried my best to keep the sensor clean of any contamination when fitting. i have cleared the code to see if it returns.

Just out of curiosty I searched internet re E10 fuel, first search said no, but a couple down said :-
Does ethanol damage O2 sensors?
The Ethanol with agitation and heat liberates some of the phosphorus from the motor oil. This phosphorus is vaporized and sucked into the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system and burned in the combustion chamber. This burned phosphorus on its way out the exhaust coats the O2 sensor(s) building up in layers.............................................................
This phosphorus coating acts as a insulation causing the sensor to react slower than normal. The engine computer reads this slow reaction time as a failure of the sensor forcing its replacement.

I twas not something I had heard of before , but may be worth checking. Also if it is possible to clean them safely without further damage.:)

Back