Technical Replace inner CV boot passenger side

Currently reading:
Technical Replace inner CV boot passenger side

Simon Fowles

Hello.
Hope this is the right place for Stupid Scudo Questions

I am in the process of replacing the CV boot inner on Scudo 2011.
Successfully removed the driveshaft but cannot figure out what to do to remove the collar holding the bearing configuration in?

It would seem reasonable that it should unscrew or be push fit but I don't know which and do not want to do any damage.

Any help gratefully received, to enable me to fit the new boot kit.

Regards
Simon

Hello.
Hope this is the right place for Stupid Scudo Questions

I am in the process of replacing the CV boot inner on Scudo 2011.
Successfully removed the driveshaft but cannot figure out what to do to remove the collar holding the bearing configuration in?

It would seem reasonable that it should unscrew or be push fit but I don't know which and do not want to do any damage.

Any help gratefully received, to enable me to fit the new boot kit.

Regards
Simon
You have probably fixed it by now, but depending on which side etc. easiest is probably to remove the outer CV joint and slide the new boot on from that direction.
Another way is if you can get a good quality universal boot that stretches without splitting then you can use a plastic trumpet, plenty of oil and the shaft held securely in a vice to slide the new boot over the complete inner joint.
The yellow ones are from a cheap universal kit of CV boots and the chrome one is a genuine Renault Traffic tool for shafts that didn't have a removable end just a sort of big knuckle.
You can use these tools in situ so you don't loose any oil, but the shaft tends to sway around.;)

Attachments

• DSCF0815.JPG
    DSCF0815.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 33
You have probably fixed it by now, but depending on which side etc. easiest is probably to remove the outer CV joint and slide the new boot on from that direction.
Another way is if you can get a good quality universal boot that stretches without splitting then you can use a plastic trumpet, plenty of oil and the shaft held securely in a vice to slide the new boot over the complete inner joint.
The yellow ones are from a cheap universal kit of CV boots and the chrome one is a genuine Renault Traffic tool for shafts that didn't have a removable end just a sort of big knuckle.
You can use these tools in situ so you don't loose any oil, but the shaft tends to sway around.;)
Hello Mike.
Thanks for your response, yes I affected the repair.
For your info, Ordered the Fiat inner boot, but found that replacing it mean't that the innerCV joint did indeed need to be removed to fit it over the shaft.
This means Forcing the boot back over the (I call them dead mans circlip) that pops up once the CV joint is slid over it.
As there are NO replacement inner CV joints available in Aus at this time I did not want to risk damaging the CV...... so
got hold of a universal stretch boot and managed to get that over the joint. The axle had already been removed so yes oil had to be replaced but to be honest it was just another job done.
Put it all back together. Really feel there could be a better way of making sure the CV does not move once installed, but what do I know.
Van running great.

Best of Fiatastic to you from Queensland.
Simon

Back