Technical Remote locking fob programming

Currently reading:
Technical Remote locking fob programming

redjon72

Soooo..... My fob isn't locking/unlocking my car. The key works fine in the ignition and locks the doors when used in the door locks.
I decided to fix it myself. So I went and got my body computer code from my Fiat dealer (£20 from Richard Hardie in Ashington!! Cheapest I've seen)
I downloaded and bought a license for Multiecuscan.
I bought a set of OBD leads and usb connector.

So having done all this, the big moment came and I plugged everything in, went through any fault codes, none thankfully, and then went into the body computer.
Following the instructions carefully all seemed to go well. It told me that my key was stored and to disconnect OBD cable and wait 60 seconds before trying the key.
Car starts, phew, that was my biggest worry. But the remote locking still doesn't work. Tried a few times and still the same.
I've made sure I've selected the correct model in the list and been through loads of other things so I know it's the software is connecting ok but still can't get the remote to work.
So, could it be the receiver that's faulty? Would this throw an error code if that's the case?? Or is it my fob? Fresh battery, light glows red on pushing the buttons so it seems ok.
I'd like to get it working as I've shelled out a fair bit of moolah rather than funding my local stealer.

Any ideas would be welcome. Also, feel free to ridicule me if I've missed something spectacularly obvious.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I can tell, I'm following the instructions in the software to the letter. Which is why I was wondering if the issue was receiver or fob related?

I did a google search of multiecuscan program key fob , it comes up with information on the multiecuscan forums , not specifically for 07 panda but it could apply to your problem.

Did you operate the remote as part of the programming process. I vaguely remember programming a key and then operating the remote functions before unplugging and testing. I didn't make notes at the time. Probably should have...

I didn't press any buttons while it was carrying out the operation. As you say, it's not mentioned in the instructions. Could be worth a try. I'll plug in again later.

I didn't press any buttons while it was carrying out the operation. As you say, it's not mentioned in the instructions. Could be worth a try. I'll plug in again later.

I have multiecu scan and remembered the simulate mode.

Have looked carefully at the key programming section for your year and model.

It looks like the key programming procedure is meant to automatically program the remote fob at the same time, as you say there definitely is no mention of pressing button on the key in the instructions.

silly question,
are the buttons part of your key or on a separate fob?

I've just been having another try still with no luck. I've tried exactly as it says on the steps on MES and I've tried pressing buttons at various stages of the process, from holding one in while I insert the key to pressing them one by one before I click N to complete the procedure as I only have the one key. I'm at a loss as to any other ideas. The buttons definitely work as the little red LED lights up on the key when I press them and it's the 3rd fresh Duracell 2032 battery in the remote. :mad:
My key is a standard Fiat key, flat flip out blade with 3 buttons - lock, unlock and boot pop.

Wish I could remember more about how I did it. I'm fairly sure I programmed the "dumb" key, then the remote key, then pressed the remote button or buttons.
I think it was before I unplugged MES, but it might not have been.
It's possible that the ECU "knew" the remote by the immo code from the remote key.

It wasn't working when I got the car. Just assumed it was the battery when I bought it. Obviously the seller didn't tell me any different.
I'm going to stick a post in the MES forum and see if anyone can help there.
Thanks for your input guys, keep the ideas coming!!

The light might be coming on but that's not a guarantee the remote is working properly, putting the light on might be all it is doing.

The only way you will ever know for sure is to get another remote and program that in. As you say you only have one key, and you now have all the kit, maybe the perfect opportunity to get a spare key and get the remote working.

Wasn't sure if I could buy a new remote? Are they not just empty cases that you swap all the insides of your knackered key into. Will have to look into it.

My local locksmith can replace car keys and remote units. He did my Renault key card which is more fussy than most. Cost a lot less than Timsons.

Back