Technical Remote central locking- indicators weird!

Currently reading:
Technical Remote central locking- indicators weird!

minisandfiats

Hi all!
Posted this earlier, but thought I would ask again!
The remote central locking on my 53 ELX JTD works fine, but when you plip it the driver's side indicator stays on when they flash! It stays on when you unlock it, and drive it! The only way to do it is keep locking/unlocking it with the plipper and it eventually realises it's mistake and flashes and goes off.

I have been locking it with the key as that does not make the light stay on. Also it does not "plip" or make any noise.

Reading other posts, I see something about the alarm unit being problematic- where is it? Also some mention disconnecting the battery for a bit- would this work? I don't have to take it to Fiat do I?!?!?!

Thanks!

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Had the exact same problem before. Ended up problem was due to a faulty relay in indicator light circuit.
Check also for blown bulbs in circuit.
It's very annoying. All the best with it.

Tony.

QUOTE=minisandfiats;2977498]Hi all!
Posted this earlier, but thought I would ask again!
The remote central locking on my 53 ELX JTD works fine, but when you plip it the driver's side indicator stays on when they flash! It stays on when you unlock it, and drive it! The only way to do it is keep locking/unlocking it with the plipper and it eventually realises it's mistake and flashes and goes off.

I have been locking it with the key as that does not make the light stay on. Also it does not "plip" or make any noise.

Reading other posts, I see something about the alarm unit being problematic- where is it? Also some mention disconnecting the battery for a bit- would this work? I don't have to take it to Fiat do I?!?!?!

Thanks!

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply- I investigated last week and discovered through listening to the click that the relay for the flashing is next to the fusebox. I removed it, tapped it (!), and put it back- now it's fine! Indicators flash and go out as they should! Will see if it keeps working or could need new relay.

No alarm plips though, and no alarm goes off when you open the car with other key. Still, remote central locking works and that's the main thing!

Thanks for help!

Andrew

Good stuff. Hopefully it doesn't give you anymore probs. If it does you know the cause.

All the best,
Tony.

Back