Tuning Remapping an 1.6 eco dynamic

Currently reading:
Tuning Remapping an 1.6 eco dynamic

Madasadad

Has anyone rempped a 105bhp eco dynamic? I had a 2.2 civic diesel remapped from 138 to 195 ish and it was astounding, BUT ate 3 clutches by 60k miles, although there was a known issue with the Honda DMF. Does anyone know if the clutches are the same in the 1.6 105 and 120 bhp models? I've seen a remap offered to 135 bhp and would have no qualms if i knew the 2 clutches were the same, ie an increase of 15bhp to 135 bhp from a clutch point of view shouldn't be an issue. I've seen also the the difference between the 2 models is that the 120 has variable vane turbo whereas the 105 is fixed, which must limit the amount of power increase available. Any one got any experience or thoughts, btw i don't want a tuning box.

I did look into it a bit when I got mine two years ago, but back then it was a new engine and none of the answers filled me with confidence.

One said something along the lines of "We've not done one before but if you come round we'll be happy to give it a go".....

I'd be interested to see what's out there now

When having my Civic done, i did a lot of research and at that time and the remap appeared a more refined method of increasing power, being written in to the ecu, it allowed greater control, by the engine management system of variations in real time behaviour. It appeared to be the most efficient. Don't get me wrong, there aremany benefits of the tuning box, portability, variable maps etc, but i've tried remapping and am happy with it. Just a personal perspective, you pays yer money..........etc

Agreed. Decent tuning boxes will get results, but there are definite benefits to getting a proper remap done - you will get greater gains, can have the remap tailored to your vehicle, and will have less chance of it causing issues with your car.

Well, nearly a year on from my original post, i had a stage 1 remap installed today, with a quoted 136bhp, up from 105 and i must say early impressions are very good. The engine was DEAD from 1000 to 1600 revs, which made pulling out of junctions interesting. The car runs far smoother, picks up cleaner and just goes. I cant comment on fuel consumption yet, certainly seems no worse.

because eco version

the 1.9 Multijet Dynamic is 120 bhp as standard, 1.9 Multijet Sport 150 bhp as standard

that is why ;)

Ah I see:) ... You are absolutely right, however a remap also changes the character but most of all the driveability of the engine as already stated and I am guessing power was not priority number 1 when buying the car (cheaper tax, insurance etc?)

Elite remaps did the remap and gave a first class service, dropping me up to work and then dropping off the car again afterwards.
I originally chose the dynamic eco for the economy, £30 a year tax and lower insurance. The remap was £195 well spent, the car is transformed, progressive power and and earlier torque.

what about the clutches mate? did you got any info about it?

I'm hoping I won't have a problem with the clutch in the bravo! I've just put my first tank of fuel through and overall consumption, in urban driving, has improved by 10%. I'm fairly pleased.

because eco version

the 1.9 Multijet Dynamic is 120 bhp as standard, 1.9 Multijet Sport 150 bhp as standard

that is why ;)

You forget to mention the 2.0 Multijet with 165 hp (y)

No need for a re-map as I want my tyres to live a little longer!... and engine. Also had big problems with re-map (tuning box) on my MiTo 1.6jtd put me off, especially at £300!

Last edited:
Back