General Rear Wiper Loom?

Currently reading:
General Rear Wiper Loom?

PandaLuVr

First post here, and a bit of a newbie. So be nice please.

Ive recently bought a Panda 700L, and was wondering if I could fit a rear wash/wipe to it, the holes seem to be there, but the wiring loom (about 8 wires) dont seem to have any adapters to fit a rear wiper. Has anyone tried to fit one, and what should I look out for?

Thanks in advance.

PandaLuVr

If all that we see, or seem, but a dream, within a dream.

Before you start - as standard the rear wiper either runs all the time, which is irritating and noisey, or for as long you "wash", or off...

I'm not too familiar with the spec. of the 750

But there are 5 cables shown in the 8 way connector for a "fully fitted" Panda.

Shown on that connector are blue/yellow and brown/white cables going to power the rear wiper motor ( in addition to an earth ). Assuming the wires are in the loom, you still have a number of things to sort out, before you consider getting a wiper motor:

missing tube for the wash through the car back to the tank under the bonnet[?]
missing pump [?]
missing switch [?]
missing washer nozzle [?]

You might be able to be cheeky and tee the pipe into the existing front wash, after the pump, and wash both at the same time [:0]
But the routing through the car won't be that easy to do, but possible if you're determined to do it [}:)]

If the wiring is in the loom, the blue/yellow goes to the wash/wiper switch, which is in a cluster of 4 buttons at the left hand end of the speedo assembly.
The brown/white goes to the front wiper motor and tees onto a pink.

TBH I don't use mine that much, but I suppose I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

I'd miss the HRW more ;)

Thanks for the info John H,

Its gotta be a weekends job to get it done, and as you said, its really not worth the hassle. Iv gotta give it to you though mate, you know your stuff, even down to the colour of the loom wires, amazing.

Thanks again. ;)

If all that we see, or seem, but a dream, within a dream.

Back