Technical Rear wiper blades

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper blades

gareth111278

Dazzed & Confused !
Hi
I've found I need a replacement rear wiper blade for the Panda
I got a cheap one before & its never swept the top of the screen, its just not supple enough.
Can anyone recommend one? & where to get it?
Cheers Gareth

I had the same problem, it wouldn't sweep the top of the glass.
The part number for a genuine fiat part for the 2003-2012 panda is 46835901. Pop in into eBay and see if any are on there.

Hi
I've found I need a replacement rear wiper blade for the Panda
I got a cheap one before & its never swept the top of the screen, its just not supple enough.
Can anyone recommend one? & where to get it?
Cheers Gareth

Mine has never swept the top but I still get easily enough visibility to not justify spending nearly £30 on a genuine Fiat part!

Reckon I must be a Panda Skinflint. I hated the thought of handing over£20-30 for a strip of plastic.
I always save old wiper blades and use the bits for other projects, so I stripped out my existing Panda rear blade and managed to cut a fresh rubber strip from an old blade and fit it. Works like new again. Zero spend.

Reckon I must be a Panda Skinflint. I hated the thought of handing over£20-30 for a strip of plastic.
I always save old wiper blades and use the bits for other projects, so I stripped out my existing Panda rear blade and managed to cut a fresh rubber strip from an old blade and fit it. Works like new again. Zero spend.

:yeahthat: although now I'm using aero blades on the front, I'll have to buy a blade the next time to replace it.

I had the same trouble - 'cheap' replacement didn't wipe the top of the rear screen - being tall I tend to be looking out of the top of the rear screen in the mirror. I bought one of the Fiat genuine part replacements as above. Fantastic - whole screen is now wiped! Worth every (expensive) penny!!

Perhaps I'm missing something here or being too simplistic but why don't you buy just a rubber blade it'self & cut to size then swap out.

I've done this anytime I've had to replace the rear on any car that I've owned. Saves money & pretty simple job.

I will try this next time... The issue is that the non original rear wiper has a slightly different fitting, so even if I changed the blade itself, it still wouldn't wipe the whole rear screen - it isn't that the rubber is worn out, it is just that the non-original doesn't fit properly onto the rear screen. Once the original original wiper arm was replaced with a non-original, I threw the original one out....

i made the mistake of getting a cheapo replacement too.

i got one for 25 quid from europarts. a lot for a rear wiper but it now does all my screen :D

Took the rubber out of an old spare I had in the garage and fitted it in the old holder. Works a treat and passed the MOT

Back