General Rear Suspension

Currently reading:
General Rear Suspension

Kieth I assume that you are referring to the central bush as shown in the Diagram below?

Omega Suspension.JPG

According to eper it looks like it is maybe built in to the axle, but if you can find out the dimentions maybe powerflex will have something to suit. The axle is shown as being £353 :eek:

This is an Elastomeric bearing. It is formed into the axle assy at manufacture.
Rgds.

There are ways round everything but it should be remembered that the pre-tensioning of the Elastomeric bearing during the setup of the car, is an integral part of the suspensions functioning.

Would suggest obtain a S/H Omega assy from a breaker.

What is the problem with the bearing ? Have never heard of one of these failing before.
Rgds.

It is a metal central tube, bonded ( specialized industrial process ) into a rubber bush, which is in turn bonded into an outer metal housing. This assy is then welded to the front of the Omega arm at manufacture.

What is the problem with the bearing ? Have never heard of one of these failing before.
Rgds.

Last edited:
Alan have a chat with the guys at Superflex who do aftermarket bushes. I've been told that if you get a bush out complete and send it to them they can make up a bush. I would say though that you would have to order a few of them.
I'm trying to sort something fr my 127 and one of the 127 guys was told this.

Might be of use.

It is a metal central tube, bonded ( specialized industrial process ) into a rubber bush, which is in turn bonded into an outer metal housing. This assy is then welded to the front of the Omega arm at manufacture.

Rgds.

Pete/Stuart it's not for me, it was a question asked on ebay and I directed him to the site saying I would post the question for him.

Hello Alan.
I fully appreciate ( from the original post in the thread ) that this is question you are asking for someone else.

However, I would still be interested to learn what the problem is with the bearing, as I have never heard of one of these failing.

Perhaps Mr Oldfield would care to enlighten me ?
Rgds.

Alan, there's that panda Selecta near me that's a 1994 model... which looked sound. I'm sure the breaker yeard is open to detaching the rear axle assembly.

Should also add, that there are two part numbers for the Omega unit. I have not been able to establish if these are just the same unit, made by two different manufacturers or if there is a structural difference between the two.

When new, the units are identified by a stick on label. Years down the road, this label is usually lost so the only way to tell which Omega was fitted is from the VIN.

Anyone throw further light on this question please?
Thanks and Regards.

Back