General rear speakers

Currently reading:
General rear speakers

Hi, I put Alpine SXE 5725S 5" x 7" two way co axials in the rear of mine, currently some on Ebay for £44.95 - I seem to remember reusing the plastic frames of the original speakers but it was a pretty straight forwards swap, need to change connector terminals too.

I also fitted JBL Stage 602E 16.5 cm two way co axials to the front, there are currently similar listed for around £50 you can refit the original grills or use the ones that came with the speakers with these, I did the later as the originals weren't in the best shape.

Sounds loads better, I kept the original tweeters in the screen pillars.

Hi, I put Alpine SXE 5725S 5" x 7" two way co axials in the rear of mine, currently some on Ebay for £44.95 - I seem to remember reusing the plastic frames of the original speakers but it was a pretty straight forwards swap, need to change connector terminals too.

I also fitted JBL Stage 602E 16.5 cm two way co axials to the front, there are currently similar listed for around £50 you can refit the original grills or use the ones that came with the speakers with these, I did the later as the originals weren't in the best shape.

Many thanks, that's great.

Many thanks Longprest.

My MK2 fronts had gone bad. Great improvement for £45
10 minute job/side. Cover off, 4 screws out.
Rotated round and there is a pin they locate on and then multiple holes to line up with the original.
I simply took plastic off the spade connectors and slipped them on with a nip on the pliers.

JBL Stage2 624 16cm Car Speakers Set - Amazon.​

Back