Really need some help with mk2 RCL

Currently reading:
Really need some help with mk2 RCL

username983

Hi, I have a 2001 Y plate Mk2 Punto 1.2 8v ELX

Am midway through upgrading my Central Locking to Remote CL and have got some problems:

I have power to the locking control box as when the key fobs are pushed you can hear the relays in it working. The problem is that I am not sure what coloured wires in the Punto fuse box are the LOCK and UNLOCK ones.

Have been told some colours by another person who has done this but after trying to get it working I am now not 100% sure if they are correct.

The other problem which could mean that the wires are correct is if the CL system is a positive trigger/switch or a negative trigger/switch.

Have only tried negative so far because if the wires are the wrong ones and i try positive i may run the risk of blowing something in the car.

Any help on this at all would be much appreciated?

Cheers.

Hmm, im pretty sure there a negative trigger in them but havent fiddled with one in a while.,

as for the wires you need, this is from the alarm fitting guide.,
12v Battery Constant......................Main live at the steering column
12v ACC ignition-...........................Orange wire
Central locking negitive/lock.............White/Black
Central locking negitive/unlock..........Black/Lightblue
Indicators.....................................Pin k/white
Door pin switch..............................Lightblue/yellow
Boot pin switch..............................grey/black

right so to connect my upgrade kit i need to connect:

earth,power and then unlock and lock wires(not worried about indicators at moment)

are they the only 4 wires i have to connect to the car?

by the way thanks for the reply.

cheers

hi, my kit is all fitted now and just for future people trying to do this:DON'T GO ON THE COLOURS OF WIRES OTHERS TELL YOU. Fiat seem to use whatever colour they feel like that day and none of them seem to be the same.

The best thing to do is to take the clips of wires out of the 40 connector and look down the sides. The pins all have numbers and the lock and unlock wires are always 24 and 34 and the indicators are pin numbers 13 and 3.

Surely this cant be a problem but i have connected my kit to 24 and 34 and it doesn't work i think i have them the right way round but surely that wouldn't matter as it would just work in reverse e.g. unlock button will lock the car etc ........

i have connected my kit to 24 and 34 and it doesn't work

test your kit, get a multimeter and measure for continuity from a good earth (chassis) to either the lock or unlock wire. now when you press the lock or unlock button you should briefly notice a continutiy reading on the multimeter.

if you dont, it means the lock/unlock wire is not earthing. that could mean you have it in positive switching mode and dont realise, or it could mean there is a fault in the rcl controller, or it could mean the controller is not earthed correctly, or it could mean you've used the wrong wires on the car again.

Back