General re doing the sliding doors

Currently reading:
General re doing the sliding doors

lost marbles

as i already said i drive a 06 scudo ,and its letting in the wind on the door seals .
it really is annoying on the motorway drives , anyone out there got a solution ?

If the sliding door fits flush to the body all round then you need to renew or pack out the existing rubber seals.

If not flush fitting then adjust the door lock latch (two torx bolts, mark existing in case you need to restore, loosen bolts just enough so you can move the latch plate) If, as seems quite often the top of the door still protrudes then measure by how much, remove the top roller arm and bend in towards the mount by the same measurement (great care not to fracture the arm...they are normally good for 25mm)

There is also adjustment for the locating peg below the roller arm, can sometimes be good idea to get a pair of molegrips on this to make sure it enters the slot cleanly. If there is no plastic guide in the slot buy one and fit (they push through-you might get the old one(s) by removing the electric button strikers at bottom to access the body cavity where the fall.

Last edited:
Bit late to the party here - but you can replace and adjust to your heart's content and it'll have little net value. That having been said, replacing the plastic receivers that mount on the body that take the little pointy bits on the doors will help a little.....

Solution? Either a bungy cord or a ratchet strap placed between the arms of the door mechanism to pull the leading edges of each door tight in with the body. Worked for me for 4 years! Alternative is to try and find the deflectors that are fitted to taxis - but good luck with that, as they are expensive and rare!

Back