Technical Raidiator fluid replacement. (Mix)

Currently reading:
Technical Raidiator fluid replacement. (Mix)

wilkes

Having recently replaced the radiator I’m wondering if someone could help with the type of additive (Fiat or aftermarket) that is needed and what ratio mix (quantity) it should be to refill the system.
TIA.

You have a choice of 3 flavours. Paraflu UP is red , Paraflu 11 is green . Paraflu HT is concentrate [ no colour mentioned ..!!].

Last edited:
Having recently replaced the radiator I’m wondering if someone could help with the type of additive (Fiat or aftermarket) that is needed and what ratio mix (quantity) it should be to refill the system.
TIA.

Yes it’s a x250. Old mix was red. So probably best paraflu.
Does anyone know the litre capacity as I’ll make it up 50/50 beforehand.

Attachment is from the specs in a 2014 manual (there is little or no difference by year for the X250)

Note, the quoted capacities are where no auxiliary heating is fitted - it is unlikely you will have any.

Attachments

• Paraflu.JPG
    Paraflu.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Attachment is from the specs in a 2014 manual (there is little or no difference by year for the X250)

Note, the quoted capacities are where no auxiliary heating is fitted - it is unlikely you will have any.

9.6 litres doesn’t seem enough to fill the rad? Is that just the Paraflu?

Last edited:
The spec is 9.6 litres total at 50:50 mix.

(The content of the radiator is actually relatively small, most of what you see is cooling fins)

Though, if you had to top up with a little de-ionised water, it really shouldn't be an issue in prevailing UK temperatures, since 50:50 will nominally protect down to -35°C.

Last edited:
Back