General Quiz...

Currently reading:
General Quiz...

The key and the bottle were at least 40m apart... bottle with Panda (syphon blocker..? - don't think mine has one of them?) - key at home...
you are def on the right track though...

Attachments

• Panda23ai.JPG
    Panda23ai.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 10
The key and the bottle were at least 40m apart... bottle with Panda (syphon blocker..? - don't think mine has one of them?) - key at home...
you are def on the right track though...

You ran out of petrol 40m down the road, had no key for the filler, so used the bottle to ad fuel directly into TB/carb :confused: :p :eek:

I think 40m must be 40 miles

:doh:

I done similar when I borrowed dad's Selecta at beginning of the summer. Went into Norwich. Had my key for it, but don't have a spare key for filler cap.

Dad wasn't best happy when he got in her the following morning and found her running on fumes after I'd promised to fill her up! :p :eek:

Yep, 40 miles away (back at home...) on those keys that should have been in my pocket and not attached to the key that is necessary to allow the steering to turn for towing. It was a bit of a rush (as it will be later today to get to Richmond!) and the locking cap key just got overlooked...
I stopped to fuel up enroute - the van's filler is on N/S (handy for pump) but Panda's is on other side and I couldn't reach to fuel-up, so put some in a can only to realise missing key next day when I came to fuel Panda.
Had I been able to get it nearer to the pump I would have realised in time to return home for key.
Came up with solution after a bit of head scratching... but you would need to have a blunt screwdriver or small block of wood and a hammer to tap tank cover loose as it was quite tight. Without disconnecting the feed and return pipes the filter/sender housing can only be lifted so far - just enough to get the squashed end of plastic bottle down side. A steady hand is needed to pour slowly too!
(y)
must get a spare cut!!

Back