General Question about indicators lane change function

Currently reading:
General Question about indicators lane change function

HeshamMegid

On the owners manual of the Grande Punto it says that the lane change function will blink the indicators 5 times, but on my car it only blinks for 3 times which is sometimes too quick for a lane change. Is this normal? And how many times does it blink on your cars?

i don't mean to sound like an old fart (or a young fart in my case) but why not just use the indicators like you did on a car that doesn't have the lane change option?....its not that much effort, and in most cases the amount of time you indicate varies alot on traffic conditions so a set amount of time for the indicators seems slightly pointless in my humble opinion (y)

On the owners manual of the Grande Punto it says that the lane change function will blink the indicators 5 times, but on my car it only blinks for 3 times which is sometimes too quick for a lane change. Is this normal? And how many times does it blink on your cars?
You read the manual!?! Lol.
Mines only ever blinked 3 times, didn't know the manual said 5. I only use mine to be honest for coming off roundabouts, not sure if I use it for lane changes to.

Dlight... its only on series 2 models (58 plate onwards) and not mine it appears as mine was a v.early S2 as they were crossing over from the S1.

i don't mean to sound like an old fart (or a young fart in my case) but why not just use the indicators like you did on a car that doesn't have the lane change option?....its not that much effort, and in most cases the amount of time you indicate varies alot on traffic conditions so a set amount of time for the indicators seems slightly pointless in my humble opinion (y)

You are neither sounding like and old fart nor a young fart :D Actually I totally agree with you about using the indicators as you would in any other car. But hey, the lane change function is a feature that you already have, so why not use it when it makes sense, like on a high way with light traffic for example.

Back