Technical Punto Sporting MK1 1.2 16v snatching when cold

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Sporting MK1 1.2 16v snatching when cold

That thread is for Mk2 Puntos!

My Mk1 Sporting used to do that off and on intermittently on the rare occasion lol but not all the time.

However, as stated, give it a good service, and clean the Fuel pump filter which you will find under the back seat.

If its still doing it after that, then you could start looking at things like Coils, etc

The fuel filter is going to be changed this weekend anyway it needs replacing. Everything else is new like the coils, plugs, leads etc. The man in the garage where I just had the cat replaced says it may be one of the temerature sensors because it stops after literally 1 or 2 minutes of driving and if the car is left for a while it will do it again after starting up and it only started happening about 2 weeks ago.

That thread is for Mk2 Puntos!

My Mk1 Sporting used to do that off and on intermittently on the rare occasion lol but not all the time.

However, as stated, give it a good service, and clean the Fuel pump filter which you will find under the back seat.

If its still doing it after that, then you could start looking at things like Coils, etc

The engines are vitutally the same between the mk1, mk2 and mk2b anyways. . . .

The majority of jerking problems happen with the 8v's but there are a few 16v's where it happens aswell.

Thanks for the replies guys the problem seems sorted now. Just took some of the plugs and clips out and gave them a clean and sprayed them it seems ok tried it a couple of times today and no snatching so fingers crossed!

Back