Technical Punto oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical Punto oil leak

puntofav

Hi, new to forum, my poor punto 1999 60 sx had the rocker gasket changed but still leaks, going into garage on Monday. My biggest worry is I took her to garage this morning to get exhaust fixed and they wouldnt put her on ramp as too much oil leaking have also found oil coming into the car from vent near floor under gear stick, could this be from rocker gasket is is there something more drastic going on, really worried!:cry:

Looking at what's on the floor after a run I reckon 1 pint to litre a week, its worse when she's been out on a run, before we changed the rocker cover the oil was only around the seam and down the right hand side of the engine, since we replaced it the oil is everywhere front and back, puddles around the alternator and as i said its also coming into the car, be grateful for any further advice

Sounds like the new gasket's not sealing properly. It could be coincidental, and the sump may have gone, which is not uncommon on these, but definitely sounds like you need to take it back to whoever did the gasket and get them to check it out!

Many thanks for all your help, will refer this back to my husband!! Will get the garage to check her over on Monday maybe safer!!

How much did they tighten the bolts on the rocker cover and was the surface properly cleaned?

Tighten the bolts too much and the cover distorts and leaks more! I did that the very first time I did mine

Thanks for all the advice, she's been to the garage rocker cover gasket replaced again and sump had gone porous too, just had that replaced too. No oil leaks now:D

Back