20150701_104423.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto mk2b 1.2 16v Sporting

Well, you gotta dream big! Do you still clear the potholes on your new springs bud?

Haven't actually fitted them yet, im still scraping over most speedbumps :cry: I'm thinking perhaps lowered HGT or JTD springs because they were designed for a heavier engine, that way they'll be stiffer but just a bit lower than stock 1.2 springs ;)

Nice motor well done on the body work, looks great!

Thanks! Got some more stuff on the way but i'm in saving mode while I wait for a new job :)

Haven't actually fitted them yet, im still scraping over most speedbumps :cry: I'm thinking perhaps lowered HGT or JTD springs because they were designed for a heavier engine, that way they'll be stiffer but just a bit lower than stock 1.2 springs

You know, that never occurred to me. I've been looking at punto van spring manufacturers for the heavier duty qualities and coming up against "but its not a van" :bang:

I have to say i'm not entirely sure if its the case but i'm just hoping :worship:

If not, there's always someone willing to buy on eBay.

I've an acquaintance who lowered a Defender, still manages off roading, made his own springs and reckons he's up for the challenge should I not succeed. I'll keep you posted. I'd call him a friend, but who lowers a defender?

If not, there's always someone willing to buy on eBay.

I've an acquaintance who lowered a Defender, still manages off roading, made his own springs and reckons he's up for the challenge should I not succeed. I'll keep you posted. I'd call him a friend, but who lowers a defender?

Haha funny you should say that, my friend did that to his defender...

Haha funny you should say that, my friend did that to his defender...

Hah! They didn't happen to go to a Yorkshire agricultural college did they? I think it's quite common, If it wasn't ridiculous I'd treat my punto like a defender. Breather pipe, BF Goodrich tyres and bench seats in the back :ROFLMAO:. Better not win the lottery.

Hah! They didn't happen to go to a Yorkshire agricultural college did they? I think it's quite common, If it wasn't ridiculous I'd treat my punto like a defender. Breather pipe, BF Goodrich tyres and bench seats in the back :ROFLMAO:. Better not win the lottery.

Haha not quite :p I'd have my off road punto and a decent road one haha

Tempted to do the same after cracking my manicat on a pothole!

Luckily got it repaired for £30.

I bet your back is thanking you for going back?!

I bent the manicat at the flexi joint a few times and then i realised i could bend it back with a crowbar, also managed to stop the mid-pipe from knocking with it too :D feels sooo different but not in a bad way

Just a question for anyone: The garage says that they can't adjust the camber and that it's still quite far out - causing some slight tracking issues, does anyone know why this could be?

Still here

Really racking up the miles now, done about 5000 in the last 3 or 4 months and only averaging about 37mpg.

Gearbox is starting to make some really disgusting sounds. Changed the oil 2 weeks ago and everything was fine so I probably need to change input shaft bearing and clutch kit. Manicat also needs replacing along with sensors due to exhaust blowing out of every weld and errors coming up every day.

Definitely starting to see the value in upgrading to a newer BMW 1 series or equivalent.

Back