Technical Punto mk2 (facelift) Horn failure: which fuse?

Currently reading:
Technical Punto mk2 (facelift) Horn failure: which fuse?

derrick888

Hi all,
Can somebody tell me which fuse I should check/replace to get my horn working again on my Punto mk2 - All replies appreciated.

Start with the easy option
a multimeter set to 12v DC (most are 20v DC which is fine)

Put the probes on the horn terminals and press the horn

should get atleast 12v (maybe less with engine off)

If you get 12v - its the horn
if you dont get 12v its something else

The Fuse is a 15amp fuse
Engine bay box - Right hand side of the Mini Fuses (Small ones) its the 4th one down

If that fuse is okay
Check the relay - its the the little boxes Near the fuse actually :) Its the 3rd one down (black) On the right hand side :)

I believe the Hi-beam relay will be fine for testing - so swap it with the other black relay (top one) to ensure the relay works fine
If the relay is at fault - the Hibeam lights will fail to work

but relay failure is rare to be honest, i'd be inclined to test the horn with a direct 12v feed before playing with relays

Ziggy

Many Thanks! All replies are Bang ON!

Took it to the local garage yesterday - good job I did because they had it up on the ramp. All FF replies mentioned all or part of the solution! (A mechanic at Formula One spent 20 mins and charged me £12 to remedy and now its tooting!)

Thanks again to the FF crowd!

i had to do the biggest job to do with a mk2b horn, install a new one!!!, which i carried out on the driveway (y)

So even if they were in the bay checking/ sanding the contacts, the horns at the top of the bay, so dosent that just make it even more difficult :doh:

Back