Styling Punto MK1 60s (new guy requiring help) :P

Currently reading:
Styling Punto MK1 60s (new guy requiring help) :P

OWFury

hi, guys, ive been looking at this forum for a few weeks now, and decided to join to ask for assistance on what i should do.

i have a black mk1 punto 60s team 1242cc - 10 years old with 54k on the clock.

This is a list of what i want to do to it :-

- a subtle body kit with skirts on.
- a back box on the exhaust
- new steering wheel
- alloy wheels.
- angel eyes

the thing is i just do not know where to start. and i have soo many questions.

how do i install a bodykit? what type of bodyshops exist taht can do the work proffessionally, like ordering the kit and fitting? or will any repair shop (like a fiat dealer) fit it?.

what kind of backboxes am i looking for as i have read some can drop power or some universal ones just are not very good. and how do i fit it?

and as for alloy wheels, geez lol, i think i need a specifics whell nut size in order to avoid sheering etc, can i get these alloys from dealers or do i have to look for after market ones from wheel shops or ebay. and what are the sizes im looking for?
EDIT - also what size would be best 14/15 and would i need smaller profile tyres to accomodate for the suspension if so, what am i looking for?

ive also been looking at getting angel eyes, these seem the easiest so far as i could probably fit them myself, but how difficult is it to do this on a mk 1 punto?

im sorry for asking so many questions, and this thread is probably in the wrong place so please bare with this noob :p but any help is much appreciated as i do not know what i am doing.

eddie/fury

(will post a pic soon enough)

Last edited:
hi, guys, ive been looking at this forum for a few weeks now, and decided to join to ask for assistance on what i should do.

i have a black mk1 punto 60s team 1242cc - 10 years old with 54k on the clock.

This is a list of what i want to do to it :-

- a subtle body kit with skirts on.
- a back box on the exhaust
- new steering wheel
- alloy wheels.
- angel eyes

the thing is i just do not know where to start. and i have soo many questions.

how do i install a bodykit? what type of bodyshops exist taht can do the work proffessionally, like ordering the kit and fitting? or will any repair shop (like a fiat dealer) fit it?.
I can't help on this as I have never fit one before. Presumably you would just be installing it like any other bumper though, ie, un doing the boltsw holding it on, taking off your old bumper and putting the new one on. Bodykits are a bit old though now and imo cheesy unless you are looking at OEM, ie Abarth kit for the mk1, very subtle but expensive.

what kind of backboxes am i looking for as i have read some can drop power or some universal ones just are not very good. and how do i fit it?
There are many available, I personally have a powerflow full system which soudns awesome. It's not too loud and sounds like a nice sporty tone.
Avoid universal backboxes like the plague, you will find it very hard to fit it and it will be a big bodge. Look for backboxes designed for your car, search in eBay "punto exhaust system" That is what I did..and got a right bargain!

and as for alloy wheels, geez lol, i think i need a specifics whell nut size in order to avoid sheering etc, can i get these alloys from dealers or do i have to look for after market ones from wheel shops or ebay. and what are the sizes im looking for?
EDIT - also what size would be best 14/15 and would i need smaller profile tyres to accomodate for the suspension if so, what am i looking for?
You need to make sure that the PCD when buying your wheels are 4 x 98 or
4x100 but you will be wanting correction bolts for the latter.
I have only dealt with oem fiat stuff not aftermarket so not sure about them. I have sporting alloys and they are pretty subtle and nice.

ive also been looking at getting angel eyes, these seem the easiest so far as i could probably fit them myself, but how difficult is it to do this on a mk 1 punto?
From what I have seen on other threads they are a simple swap over, just replacing the original connections.
im sorry for asking so many questions, and this thread is probably in the wrong place so please bare with this noob :p but any help is much appreciated as i do not know what i am doing.

eddie/fury

(will post a pic soon enough)
:yum:

Back