Technical punto mk1 60s intermitent starting please help

Currently reading:
Technical punto mk1 60s intermitent starting please help

ive been looking around or a week for the ansaw now and all i could find was mostly about the Diesel punto or multipla it starts fine wen cold and it will eather shut itself of and not start for about 5 min or same wen i turn it of ive notised wen i turn ignition on the amber key light comes on and some times goes after about a second or stays ?:bang:

ive been looking around or a week for the ansaw now and all i could find was mostly about the Diesel punto or multipla it starts fine wen cold and it will eather shut itself of and not start for about 5 min or same wen i turn it of ive notised wen i turn ignition on the amber key light comes on and some times goes after about a second or stays ?:bang:

So... it will start fine
But if you turn it off then try to restart it, it doesn't start?:confused: - is this what your saying?

And which amber light do you mean? The "Code" light?

If the Fault Code Light comes on and stays on when you put the ignition one
Then the car will not simply start
thats the immboliser saying there is a fault / trying to be nicked, so it stops the car starting

However the Immbo WONT stop a Car once its started, once the car is running it deactivates till the engine is stopped (ie the Key is returned to off)

So the stopping of the something else to blame
Does it tend to only do it on braking?
Or does it struggle then dies?
Does it run roughly?

Ziggy

it dose start fine then wen i got to turn it off it dose not start up on reattempt but i leave it for 5 ish min and it fires rite up and wen left idling say 2-3min it just abruptly shuts engine off and wont restart untill 5 min has passed and just fires rite up ass for the little key shaped amber light it sometimes goes of and sometimes not this has been sense i owned it (2 year) and it ran fine with this light on so i don't think that is a problem ta for replies(y)

Back