Technical punto lights too high

Currently reading:
Technical punto lights too high

kadw0901

iv recently had a HID conversions kit put into my 54 plate 1.2 8v active punto but ever since having them fitted my lights are really high and im always being flashed by other drivers because of it, iv got the light control at the lowest height setting but how can i make them even lower??

these headlights are not designed for HID conversion as a result your lights are now too bright and dazzling every oncoming car, its nothing to do with the height of the lights or how they are set, its just the MK2b Puntos have very good bright headlights.

the onlything you can do is remove the HID's because you'll either find it will fail its next MOT (either on head light adjustment or pattern, and the fact they are an automatic mot fail) or the police will eventually catch up with you and you could end up having to have them removed and an official test done to check the work.

you need to take them out

just for the record I got the lights from a realible company they garuntee it will pass its mot with the hid lights in, iv spoke to a police officer when I first got the lights put in and they said there fine? so is there any way i can lower the beam of the light, that's all I asked?

right before you turn in to a snotty little brat because we didn't tell you what you wanted actually read what's been said.

before you fitted the HID kit the headlights were adjusted correctly there was no fault with them you just decided that blinding the general public was cool?

so if you adjust your lights you will be deliberately aiming them too low and they will fail the MOT HID or not thats point 1.

point 2. is if they are blinding people coming the other way then it is because the bulbs are too bright and as such they are destroying the headlight pattern so as a result the if you don't remove them then they will fail the MOT on headlight pattern.
3rd and final point for your car to comply with HID fitting an MOT rules the headlights must be fitted with headlight leveling system and lens cleaning neither of which your car has.

So no we are not going to tell you how to make your car more illegal than you've done so already.

you have headlights to see where you're going not to point them at the ground 6 feet in front of the car

so for the record your "reliable company" who "guaranteed" they would pass an MOT definitely lied to you to get a sale, and the police man was 100% wrong

just for the record I got the lights from a realible company they garuntee it will pass its mot with the hid lights in, iv spoke to a police officer when I first got the lights put in and they said there fine? so is there any way i can lower the beam of the light, that's all I asked?

Take it to a test station - ask them to check your lights for you

If they say it wont pass an MOT at that point with them - ask for a written notice
Send it to the company and watch them squirm!

you can adjust the lights down - put dash back to 0 (highest)
and there is an adjuster i believe on the top of the light units

But the issue you have is the 2b uses reflective headlight units - ie using mirrors or shiny surfaces to bounce the light out in a controled fasion from a stable light

the HID is emitting light in all directions and the reflectors are bouncing it out as they should, but as a result of the HIDs emitting light in all directions - its spraying light across the road where it shouldnt and blinding people

its like LHD people driving on our RHD roads without beam benders!

Ziggy

Edit - Once you've got the notice from the MOT station - drive home - swap back to original bulbs
There was something on watchdog about companies fitting illegal HID kits and then they seemed to stumble/stutter/runaway when they were questioned

Last edited:

And the police are defnifinatly going to know exactly what they're talking about, assuming you said you were fitting an illegal HID setup :confused:

Was it a traffic officer :confused:

It's knobs like you that cause issued like this for other road users, and you're surprised your getting flashed!?

Just because you purchased them from a reliable company doesn't mean they'll pass the road, it also does make them legal.

For the sake of other road users, and yourself remove them before you next take the car out and refit the correct bulbs. If you want more light output fit some Ring Xenon Max or Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs (y)

sorry people was annoyed that i got hustled by a company, iv had lights sorted now had them levelled and took them to a testing centre after they levelled them i passed the test

A standard headlight bulb out of alignment (pointing too high) is bad enough

But when a HID in a crappy reflector light comes past - its much worse
Its like driving around with full beams on

If you put HID's in, make em your high beam
So when you need the extra light down country lanes you've got it
But not otherwise

Ziggy

Back