Technical Punto "Bulbcheck" Amber warning light on dashboard

Currently reading:
Technical Punto "Bulbcheck" Amber warning light on dashboard

Re: Punto "Bulbcheck" Amber warning light on dashboard

The missus's 1.2 8v ELX 2001(Xreg) is doing the same!!,its on constantly and all the bulbs are fine,at least i think they are,i checkaed and all are working!
heres a pic of the light,is this the same as you guys?

did you ever find out what the problem was?
I have EXACTLY the same error now.
Any advcie would be appreciated

Check that the bulbs are the correct Wattage and Voltage. Also, make sure that you are not using any LED bulbs without inline resistors.

The test only checks the Sidelights, tail lights, brake lights (not the centre break light) and the rear fog light.

If they are all working and are not LED's then check that they have 12V and the correct wattage stamped on them.

Hope that helps,
Alan

if you want a spare bulb i have one, im replacing my rear lights since the plastic got kicked in by chavs :D

did you ever find out what the problem was?
I have EXACTLY the same error now.
Any advcie would be appreciated
Actually, I had never resolved this myself. I replaced few bulbs - no joy. I brought the car down to my local garage and they said this is very common fault - it's faulty earths cabling. The guy had the cabling replaced - it cost me about 35 euros and it's grand ever since.

I am having the same problem - my bulbcheck light is also permanently lit up - even though all bulbs are working - anyone any ideas?

SAME

I have a fiat Punto 1.2 Active 03-07 registration.

The missus's 1.2 8v ELX 2001(Xreg) is doing the same!!,its on constantly and all the bulbs are fine,at least i think they are,i checkaed and all are working!
heres a pic of the light,is this the same as you guys?

Mines exactly the same and i've just forked out a load of money towards new bulbs as advised of which ones to get by Halfords and it's still there. p.s I would have no idea what fuses it could be either as I am just a driver i dont understand the mechanics or electrics!

Got this very briefly on my MK2 1.2 8v Active '03. Appeared as I as reversing out of the parking space, and went off again when I stopped the car to put it in 1st. As it was night time I pulled up in front of some glass and checked all the lights, they all appear to be working. It's getting MOT'd and serviced today anyway so if it's anything serious the garage will spot it.

Rear lights on older cars often suffer from dodgy earth connections. Bulb failure warnings are often triggered by these. When you are sure the bulbs are good and correct all you can do is go though all the lamp connections wired and earthed and make sure none are dirty.

:slayer:

Hi there, its so ironic :D, I had the same reg and Punto model as you have mentioned (y). The bulb light on the dash is simply a small electrical fault, honestly you have nothing to worry about. I had my Punto 16v ELX for 3 years and I got to know the car very well. The light comes on if you blow a bulb, but when you replace the blown bulb, in most cases as I found out the warning light will always come on as soon as you brake or switch your lights on. Its a small electrical fault and nothing but.

I simply put up with it as it was nothing serious and my only options I had at the time was to take it to fiat so they could correct the electrical fault, and I chose not to go to fiat as they would mug me off for a simply plug in of a USB and a few clicks on a laptop:yuck:,

Hope this helps:idea:

I had the orange bulb warning light on my Fiat Punto Grande 07 Reg, It just means "bulb check" I checked all the bulbs and all was fine? but then noticed there are two bulbs on the rear licence plate and one of them was not lit. Quite an handy thing to have really letting you know there is a bulb out somewhere

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 85

I had the orange bulb warning light on my Fiat Punto Grande 07 Reg, It just means "bulb check" I checked all the bulbs and all was fine? but then noticed there are two bulbs on the rear licence plate and one of them was not lit. Quite an handy thing to have really letting you know there is a bulb out somewhere

2010 lol
Bit slow there mate im affraid :)

I find it annoying most tho when an earth is faulty - thats when you get it regardless till you sort it

I didnt think the Rear licence plates were covered?
I thought it was Sidelights F+R - Indicators F+R+S - Brake lights

Dont think it includes Fogs - Headlights - Hibeams - reverse - Numberplate lights?

Ziggy

it certainly does include the licence plate lights, bought new bulb for the one that was out, put it in, bulb lit and the orange light doesn't come on anymore?????
putting this for people that need help with it that don't know what it is!

it certainly does include the licence plate lights, bought new bulb for the one that was out, put it in, bulb lit and the orange light doesn't come on anymore?????
putting this for people that need help with it that don't know what it is!

This may be for the grande puntos then

However when i had a problem and the rear taillights on my old mk2 - the fuse kept popping taking the plate light out - this DIDNT bring on the bulb error light

Ziggy

I get this all the time, as soon as I flick my lights on, there it is.

Sounds like I need to check earth connections.

Light stays on as soon as sidelights are switched on,all bulbs in working order,,any reason for this?
Would it be advisable to change all bulbs?
Any advice would be gratefully received,,,cheers!

I too have had the bulb check warning light come up.
Mine is a W reg 2000 1.2 16v Punto Sporting.
A previous owner (my niece) had an argument with a tractor in darkest Somerset years ago, resulting in a bit of a dent on front driver-side which pushed the headlight unit back a little.
Every so often I have to pop the bonnet up and wiggle the main electrical connector that pushes onto the back of the headlight unit.
Sometimes the dipped beam headlight comes on but only dimly on the driver-side. Sometimes I get the bulb check light on intermittently. Goes off again after a minute or two.
Usually this because the connector works loose on back of headlamp unit, due to vibration and driving conditions.
I just have to give it a wiggle every couple of weeks to make sure its pushed in firmly and then the headlight recovers to full brightness.

Apart from that she's a beaut' to drive so I forgive her the occasional strop!

Mike
Glastonbury

Back