Technical punto blown head gasket or destroyed engine?

Currently reading:
Technical punto blown head gasket or destroyed engine?

i was driving on the highway and the themperature raised to the maximum, i was still driving for around 5 mins when i heard some clicking sound in the engine, 1 min after that, the engine was losing power, i pulled over and car shut down itself, smoke was comming out the sides of the engine, when i poped the hood, there was still enough antifriz-water in tank, car doesnt start, there is just a click when i turn the key so the engine could be ****ed, does anyone know which engines fit directly in it without modifications

fiat punto 1.2 60 km, 2000, duno if its 8v or 16v

unsure of which engines fit directly in but youd get a replacement 1.2 8v quite cheap but beware of the nails!

sounds like your engines seized mate if engines had issues before or over heated in the past the heat would of weakened and damaged parts. sounds possibly like your gasket or thermostat could be the route cause but if it went with a bang and now just a loud clicking sound its defo seized mate.

Has it got any oil left in it ? it does sound seized, overheating could also be because the water pump has failed, continuing to drive for 5 mins with an overheating engine has almost certainly destroyed the engine.

Before wacking a new engine in there - make sure you do the basics to ensure this donor engine will work without a hitch

new timing belt + Tensioner
New water Pump
New thermostat

change the plugs and HT's to ensure a decent spark

Its advised to crank the donor engine withthe crank sensor disconnected or the Low tension wiring to the coil packs - to ensure there is oil flowing around the engine

Ziggy

i will remove all the good stuff from the old motor and put it on a new one, atleast i know your engine gets destroyed without water, i thought it could only happen without oil

Oil does do a cooling job too
But its not radiated like the cooling system

Cooling system cools
While the oil lubricates and protects

No water/cooling = Overheats, so does the oil and it no longer protects (see no oil)
No oil = Lots of friction = lots of heat, but that friction is bad and parts wear super quick

Both should be in good condition and renewed at required service points

Ziggy

i know of a scrap yard that has a mint 8v engine, the car was t-boned and scrapped, not sure on limage

Back