General Punto a crap car?

Currently reading:
General Punto a crap car?

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
Ha ha, i always laugh when people say the fiat punto is crap..:p

Here at uni lots of people are giving all lip saying its a crap car (mk1 + mk2)
I cant find anyone at the uni of hertfordshire whos a fiat fan:eek:

Quite a few chaved up corsa's, saxo's. 2 new puntos - looks alright but i dont like the oversized rear beams between the rear window and the rear side windows. - the only thing putting me off them:(

Anyway, saying all this my mk1 punto is...:confused: magic?
The coolent level keeps dropping, i put the heater on then it's back upto the max mark on the expansion tank?:confused:

The mk1 doesn't like redex - mpg fell 24.4ish after using it:eek:
Windscreen seems to have more than 200 small chips in it, too small to fix..:(
A strong gust of wind seem to change what lane im in on a motorway?:eek:

Cooling system is behaving strange. Bleed it properly and top it up 20mm above max (cold). If it keeps dropping you have a leak. No reflection on Puntos - its an old car.

Low MPG could be a shot Lambda sensor. Easy enough to test / get tested.

Windscreen can have an argument with a brick but replacement will cost you the windscreen excess but should be no affect on NCD.

Auto lane change is usually shot suspension and/or worn out suspension bushes. Get them checked out by a garage. That said, badly aligned wheels can sometimes cause this check the tyres for uneven wear. Drive a mile or so, stop and feel the tyres if inside or outside is much warmer, the tracking is out.

Finally your "mates" are taking the p**s so stop discussing who has the best car (or get yourself a Lamborghini).

Last edited:
:eek:
Front suspension looks really quite bad...:p
Rusted coils left and right - to the point where i can tap them and get chunks of rust off them.

Front shocks are also leaking:eek:

MOT place clearly didnt pick up on this:D 12 month MOT on shot suspension - Kwick Fit again :ROFLMAO:

Mind you they did fail on rear suspension - no where near as bad as the front and yet the front passed 100%:confused:

Safty check reveilded shot brakes also - again not picked up on MOT.
Windscreen is just stone chips, very small so you cant see them unless you're looking for them(y)

Tracking 99.8% so also good(y)

As for "Mates" - Uni class/group. my mates know all about my car and seem to like it, shame no one went same uni:p

Recent mpg - half a tank after using the redex, mpg is 58.6... so the redex seems to make it worse when using it?:confused: says on the packet it INCREASES mpg not decrease it:p

decreases it when using as it changes the octane.... but it usually goes up on clean petrol being put in due to a cleaner system.....apparantly

Back