Technical Punto 85 sx timing

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 85 sx timing

hodgy

Hi im looking for some help my dad has just got a Treg punto with a suspected blown headgasket. he changed the gasket put it all back together and it wouldnt start. there was some wires off around the TB i think pluged them in. when cranking it sounded like it was back firing into the inlet. he kept on cranking and after about 30 seconds it fired up but it was racing then going to cut out then racing again.we thaught it might be a tooth out so moved cam pully a tooth each way but it wouldnt start again. so i went home cold n tired. the next day my bro went to give a hand they tryed to set up the timing putting bars down the sparkplug holes and geting the pistons level and i think used a screwdriver in the cam lock hole to get the cams somwhere near.They were messing about with it all day and it still wouldnt start. my bro said one of the injectors was sparking well he actualy said it looked like a flame came out the injector and it shot a flame out the TB aswell when cranking.
Any ideas on what to do or what the problem might be
i dont know exactly what they were doing when i wasnt there i was thinking they might of bust a valve or something.
Any help will be apreciated
thanx

Back