Technical Proxi Alignment

Currently reading:
Technical Proxi Alignment

LyndonEdwards

Hi All. Hope everyone is well. Does anyone around Stoke / Leek / Ashbourne area have the cable and software to reset this bloody Proxi Alignment? The mileage is flashing. Its been caused by a phone being plugged into the Blue and Me USB port which is never usually used. Dont want to get ripped off by a Fiat dealer. I have tried all the usual disconnect battery etc to no avail. Cheers :)

Hi All. Hope everyone is well. Does anyone around Stoke / Leek / Ashbourne area have the cable and software to reset this bloody Proxi Alignment? The mileage is flashing. Its been caused by a phone being plugged into the Blue and Me USB port which is never usually used. Dont want to get ripped off by a Fiat dealer. I have tried all the usual disconnect battery etc to no avail. Cheers :)
There's a register of forum members with MES that are willing to help here:

I don't want to be a doom monger but I suspect the Blue & Me unit has actually failed. Numerous threads on here about that including one two or three down on this page regarding a repair.

I don't want to be a doom monger but I suspect the Blue & Me unit has actually failed. Numerous threads on here about that including one two or three down on this page regarding a repair.
Ah No worries. It can stay flashing then. We don’t use that Blue and Me anyways. It’s crap. Haha.

Ah No worries. It can stay flashing then. We don’t use that Blue and Me anyways. It’s crap. Haha.
That's what I did for a couple of years (having patched in an earlier FIAT USB system (see here some of that experience https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/wheres-the-blue-me-module.480771/ ).

I've since had a secondhand Alfa unit installed - didn't need reprogramming since it appears the unit retains the code (effectively IP address I believe) so the body computer found it.

Ah No worries. It can stay flashing then. We don’t use that Blue and Me anyways.
Things aren't that simple.

When the Blue&Me unit fails, it often does so in such a way as to cause a permanent current drain, which if left long enough, will result in a flat battery.

To prevent this, just disconnect the connector from the Blue&Me module.

Things aren't that simple.

When the Blue&Me unit fails, it often does so in such a way as to cause a permanent current drain, which if left long enough, will result in a flat battery.

To prevent this, just disconnect the connector from the Blue&Me module.
Absolutely correct; also my experience - I forget that part of the painful learning curve in my earlier post!

Back