Professional respray

Currently reading:
Professional respray

It really depends on what type of paint you have, if you can prepare the car as much as possible yourself eg: removing exterior trim

If its a change of colour your looking at more, I'd expect to pay for same colour respray in the region of £500 - £1000

But oftern your don't need a full respray.

What you need doing?

I just fancied a change of colour to maybe a grey or something a bit more unique like that, I was expecting it to be about £1000 but it sounds like it'll be more...

Change of colour, proper job, with bay done = 1500 + easily.

Ah not worth it for a first car then... I'll just make sure the next car I get is a colour I like. (y)

Check with your insurance before respraying some insurers charge more or might even cancel ur policy think it happened to someone on here :p

colour change resprays are a lot of money even on a car the size of a punto because all the door and boot shuts etc have to be painted.

the price here is £1800 minimum thats for a baisc colour, metallics expect to a pay a couple of hundred more.

fancy paints like flips pearls etc look around the £3000 and up mark

my cinq shell is been done for 200quid. that includes a whole lot of prep work and lots of under body coating

all I have done is remove all the plastic bits from in and out side of the car. the prep work is 90% done now and its in the booth ready for priming tomorrow.

mine is so cheap cos my dad works there (insurance motorcycle and car repair place)

They do do lots of stuff for people on the weekends and i guess loads of other places do so i would just look around

and that paint in the video is amazing! (untill people start leaving arse cheek prints on your car.)

Last edited:
A lad I know has his own bodyshop and the vid is of the paint he has.

glow in the dark paint
DSC08711L.jpg

another heat changing paint

Back