Technical Productive day

Currently reading:
Technical Productive day

Looking very nice (y)

I also didn't drop the tank do do my goodridge hoses either..don't see the need myself.

What drop are the springs? Doesn't look like you cut the stops at all? I defiantly needed too do them on mine, just something to watch out for in case you weren't aware. Big safety risk if they are to long.

What brake fluid did you pop back in DOT 4?

Also, where was your fuel filter, in the tank or in line with the pipe? If it was in tank, was it easy to do?

Powerflex is on my to do list soon, hopefully will be an appreciable difference :)

Cheers,

Kristian

The springs are a nominal drop of 40 at the front, 35 rear I reckon there is enough clearance on the bump stops, I'll look at them again now its been run for a few miles.

I used DOT 4 to re-bleed the brakes.

The fuel filter is underneath the car, right in the middle. Its easy to do, I tried two pattern ones, both were the wrong size. I couldn't be bothered to alter the bracket so bought one from Fiat.

Powerflex bushes are good, the car is rumblier than before, but not noisy. There again it also has very stiff progressive springs so I altered more than one thing at once.

Yeah, sorry about the filter question, I was not paying enough attention and thought it was a Sei :eek: :eek: I thought there were photos of two cars there for whatever bizarre reason :D

I heard they were rumblier, but heard they make steering more precise, with the other mods though, guess you can't give an overview of just the bushes.

The rear stops may be OK with 35mm, easiest way to check is to put a smear of grease on the stop end, take it for a regular spin (the stops will prob hit on extreme stuff regardless). If they leave a grease mark on the rear arm, they may need cutting.

Looking great anyways (y)

Kristian

The Cinquecento passed its MOT, waaay heey! Mark tell me the drop is actiall 35 front 30 rear, my memory is going.:bang: Put some pictures of it up in Members Motors. There's still some to do, but at least its a car again!

Pete

Back