Technical preheat fault.........again!

Currently reading:
Technical preheat fault.........again!

Hello

I have the preheat fault error again. This morning at 8ish it was fine then when I used it at 3 the fault came up, however its only happened once. Last time it was fixed was months ago and upto now have been fine. The problem was the wiring from the heater module relay to each glow plug, so a new wiring harness solved it. I'm sure it can't be any of the glow plugs because on very cold mornings it starts fine. I'm wondering if it could be the module itself, as the fault seems to be intermittent like it was last time, although its only happened once so far.

I've also got problems with either the instrument cluster or the body computer as diagnosed by an auto electrician. Could this be linked? Or am I on the right track thinking relay module?

Any help would be appreciated. These cars are so frustrating! :bang: But still, i love them (y)

Thanks

Phil

My stilo had broken no.2 glow plug, the car still started normally when the car was registering -2 degrees. It will take you around 15 minutes to check the glow plugs using the plug replacement guide. (plug removal not necessary)

Back