General Pollen filter on a 55s?

Currently reading:
General Pollen filter on a 55s?

No offence, But I was under the impression that the water in the matrix heater warms up with the engine, rather than going from freezing cold to boiling hot in a instant?

Only other way I can think of is if there is water ontop but oustide the matrix (thats leaked over night) and as the matrix heats up it evaps and condenses on windows?

Just don't like the idea of buying a new matrix to pull everything apart and find out the one there is ok lol

I know when I 1st had the car, the main rad was shot, after replacing that the water pump started leaking, then after replacing that the thermostat went, but for sum reason on the dash board the light that suppost come on when it over heats had been taken out? so It could have overheated before I got the car? Either way later on the head gasket failed all together and had to be done.

Dave

Get it pressure tested. If the pressure drops its leaking. Look for the drips and repair. But by the sound of your symptoms, its leaking in the heater matrix.

Thanks for the advice WhiteSei,

Either way lol I just double checked were if there was one pollen filter, nothing there apart from fixing points to install the case and filter (I'll try get a picture put up) also I noticed with the bonnet open, When I took the blower motor out from under passenger side, I noticed when I looked up inside it, you can see right through the lot and see the sky from the inside? Surely there should be something to filter the air coming in?

If not I think a trip to local scrappy to get and install one maybe an option see if it help's, as there is nothing to filter moisture and dirt coming in from the outter world lol

Dave

Just another quick one aswell, Which models of mark1 punto do have the pollen filter case under the scuttle panel? I know they usually have loads of near roadworthy punto's up there. honestly the quality of some of the cars they have up there makes you wonder why they are there? I know last time i was there a set of side skirts of this mk1 yellow punto sporting in mint condition they want £40 for the pair? I took the rear seals as need lol

Pics of my bay. looks like a water line of were sumit was?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 18
I have the same problem the side windows mist up. I have had the matrix replaced because it was leaking. i hoped this solved the problem but it diddent. but the smell in the cars is much better now. but the foggie windows is somtimes a bit dangerous. because you can see true the side windows. the front window is no problem and the rear window you can solve with the rearwindow heater. so if sombody can help out.

Back