Grande Punto Please Help.

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Please Help.

mabes

HELP PLEASE
I have a Grande Punto 1.4 07 plate.
Last week i had a new battery and alternator fitted as diagnosed by the local garage as my car wouldnt start, yesterday it has done the same thing and the garage cannot find the fault.
Please can someone help diagnose what it MAY BE??.. as mechanic has no idea!!!

I feel he is trying to take advantage of me being a woman!!

Thankyou
Nikkie x

So the fault is the car not starting?

EDIT: This sounds a bit like generic problem solving.

Oh, it's not starting? New battery and alternator, £500 there you go.

Is this a local garage or one of your kwik fit types?

Sorry yep car not starting again!... no power at all... no central locking..not a sausage.
Will start when jump started....and will restart for approx 2 hours then dead again!!
I paid £550 for new battery and Alternator last week and to be here agian i dont understand.
He is a one man band garage in my local town.

N x

I'm not too familiar with the Grande's but I'll throw my two pence at this, when you jump start it does it throw any warning lights on the dashboard cluster?

I'd suggest popping the bonnet and check the battery terminals are clean and tight, if the terminals are dirty or corroded then clean them up also check all the cables from alternator to battery to starter etc, assuming Grande's have a similar circuit to the MK2's.

Hope that helps.

He is saying no warranty as it needed a new battery and alternator and if i can prove him wrong then " crack on" were his words !!

I am now tempted to jump start it tonight at garage take it to fiat dealer and pay them to sort.... but the £550 i paid last week leaves a sour taste !!!!

Re: Re: Please Help.

He is saying no warranty as it needed a new battery and alternator and if i can prove him wrong then " crack on" were his words !!

I am now tempted to jump start it tonight at garage take it to fiat dealer and pay them to sort.... but the £550 i paid last week leaves a sour taste !!!!

That's not on did you pay by credit card ;)
When i get home from work ill type a more detailed reply

Well the fact it still isn't starting indicates otherwise. How did you get it home if it doesn't start?

Back