Hi, and some help.

Currently reading:
Hi, and some help.

Bierarse

Hi Everyone

I'm joining this forum from Western Australia, after buying my 16yo son a 2009 Ritmo Emotion to learn in. The heater fan isn't working, but it is located on the driver's side. Is there a thread already on how to remove this to inspect?

I've checked the resistor and connector and these appear in good condition, and the fuse hasn't blown. What else could I check after the fan to identify the problem?

TIA 😊

Hello,

Looks like the European Bravo :) Try checking with this model name :) There's also the forum ePER which will give you parts list and numbers (on the bottom of the forum banner) and the online eLearn with all the electrical connections here:

You have to start by choosing the correct engine, as they can have different setups.

Good like for the repair :)

Hello,

Looks like the European Bravo :) Try checking with this model name :) There's also the forum ePER which will give you parts list and numbers (on the bottom of the forum banner) and the online eLearn with all the electrical connections here:

You have to start by choosing the correct engine, as they can have different setups.

Good like for the repair :)
Thanks for the heads up. By searching a few chats I found out how to remove it. After losing skin on a few knuckles and a few choice words that my 16 year old laughed at, I managed to get the fan out, getting it back in may be more fun.

I tested the fan and it is dead, is there any information on how to strip these down to replace the brushes? Are there alternate units that fit in, I saw some thing about Ford KA components may be compatible?

Attachments

• 20240331_153301.jpg
    20240331_153301.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240331_153249.jpg
    20240331_153249.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20240331-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20240331-WA0000.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 6
So, I've managed to get the fan apart and one of the carbon brushes is worn down. It has signs of arcing on the face of the brush. Next step is to find some suitable replacement brushes, and test it before trying to get it back in the car.

Back