Multipla Please help locks not locking

Currently reading:
Multipla Please help locks not locking

Hi all I have posted a few times but not getting any responses. I have checked the forum for previous posts but nothing seems to match my problem.
If someone could give me some guidance on why my central locking isn't working.
It started by it working spasmodic now has stopped locking altogether,
I can lock the doors separately and arm the alarm with the fob. The car unlocks and disarm the alarm but the boot remains locked. I can only open the boot by reaching into the boot and release the lock manually. I've checked all fuses and visible relays.
I have also noticed that the central locking won't work of the key in the door. If anyone could shed some light I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Paul

I think your best place to start would be to get the car hooked up to a diagnostic machine, or get MultiEcuScan on a laptop and buy yourself a connecting cable. What you describe could be caused by quite a few things - a diagnostic check may save you a lot of wasted time.

hi,its your central locking relay that has given in.is your multi left or right hand drive?

Last edited:
This might give you a head start:

Attachments

• Central Locking Relay.jpg
    Central Locking Relay.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for that I presume this diagram is for a left hand drive.
I have found two yellow relays under the fuses above the pedals in the drivers footwell but they are only small would it be possibly one of these.
Regards Paul

No mention is made of left or right hand drive in the ePER info, so I think you may have been a bit previous in your assumption. I'd go looking where it shows them to be; as well as in behind the dash, I'd have a look in the back of the engine bay, as it's not very clear which side of the bulkhead they're located.

Thanks alot much appreciated and will take a look asap.
I have a copy of fiatecuscan but can't seem to get it to load on the laptop and talk to the car but will try again on Thursday as it's our anniversary tomorrow and I don't think the wife would appreciate me sticking my head in the car again.
regards Paul

Back