Playstation2 chips?

Currently reading:
Playstation2 chips?

OOOOH... Voodoo subject... i like these :D

Well anyone caught doing this now faces a long prison sentence so it's extremely difficult to find a legit person who will say he does this, as you could be the old bill for all he knows, and he's not gonna risk 10 years inside :(

Saying that.... IKAMWC :D

Well i was told by the place that USED to sell/supply fit them that just being in possesion of one is illegal so the only way you'll get one done is if some nutter don't give a toss about goin inside for something so silly.

Making one is just as likely to get you put away as IIRC anything that alters the PS2 to make it play pirate/copied games is now classed as very naughty.
You used to be able to say you wanted it for backup reasons but that don't matter anymore it's all a big no no :nono:

you want to get a Action Replay cheat pack :D

its a disc you put in before you play the DVD and its not too expencive or illegal, and your warrenty stays intact :p

im think you can play copy games using the software that comes with it, as you can make CD-Rs that can be read by the PS2 using it :D

if your at stanford i got an old copy (Action Replay V3) that you can use to play multiregion DVDs if you want it

serin said:
you want to get a Action Replay cheat pack :D

its a disc you put in before you play the DVD and its not too expencive or illegal, and your warrenty stays intact :p

im think you can play copy games using the software that comes with it, as you can make CD-Rs that can be read by the PS2 using it :D

if your at stanford i got an old copy (Action Replay V3) that you can use to play multiregion DVDs if you want it

Could you? that'd be brilliant mate thanks! (y)

Multi region DVD software is available on Play.com. If you wanna play copied games but can't get hold of a modchipper then look into the PS2 HDD scene. No mod chip required, makes things easier to have one tho. Without a modchip it just requires swapping the HDD from the PS2 to the PC to install the backup of your game etc. I think you can even use USB pendrives now, but only for small 3rd party software. There is a USB version of the HDD software so you can use the HDD with a USB adapter, its designed for the PS2 slimline that has nowhere to put the HDD in.

Chipping a PS2 is an arse of a job, 22 wires on tiny little solder points. As for the leaglity of it, i thought it was the software on the chip that was the problem. I remember that with the Xbox a modchip is shipped with a Cromwell BIOS. ie one that has not had the Microsoft SDK used in its construction. From there you can then flash it yourself with a decent BIOS, if you know how and can get hold of it.

Back