General Playing the hooligan

Currently reading:
General Playing the hooligan

Rustbucket

Established member
Not something I normally do..gave that up when I gave up bikes mumble mumble years ago...But!

Met a brand new BMW 325d today. Driven fast n furious by a guy in green mirror shades and a bottle blond in the pax seat.

Naturally enough got cut up twice by Bavarian Braincell on 2 roundabouts with the famous BMW middle finger gesture..something about Fiat convertables?

So I lit out after him. 325d is very quick off the mark and would leave a standard B in the weeds. Not this one. Beemer boy's jaw was somewhere down on the shag pile carpet..I could hear the discussion in the car..'Wot the F* has that baby Fiat got under the hood?' Open road, no traffic (and we don't have speed scameras) so I kept the loud pedal down until my friend was a dot in the mirror. I was still grinning like a boy racer when I got home.

Now I know that we are all grown up sensible drivers..but sometimes, just sometimes the :devil: escapes.

Last edited:
Not something I normally do..gave that up when I gave up bikes mumble mumble years ago...But!

Met a brand new BMW 325d today. Driven fast n furious by a guy in green mirror shades and a bottle blond in the pax seat.

Naturally enough got cut up twice by Bavarian Braincell on 2 roundabouts with the famous BMW middle finger gesture..some about Fiat convertables?

So I lit out after him. 325d is very quick off the mark and would leave a standard B in the weeds. Not this one. Beemer boy's jaw was somewhere down on the shag pile carpet..I could hear the discussion in the car..'Wot the F* has that baby Fiat got under the hood?' Open road, no traffic (and we don't have speed scameras) so I kept the loud pedal down until my friend was dot in mirror. I was still grinning like a boy racer when I got home.

Now I know that we are all grown up sensible drivers..but sometimes, just sometimes the :devil: escapes.

Happy days Rustbucket! Those BMs are f'ing fast so I have no doubt whatsoever that he would have been hugely surprised. The joys of owning a Q car!

Excellent... couldn't have happened to a more deserving plonker and his barbie doll. I am sure it was bothering him for hours afterwards! Well done, I'd have done the same if I had another 70bhp obviously :) Forza Barchetta

More power is a whole heap of fun. The 'New B' behaves just like any other turbo car but its something of skateboard in the wet even though its front wheel drive. It could really do with some form of traction control or lsd.

Cost of doing a decent power upgrade is astronomic. I've easily spent the value of the car on the project so on cold economic grounds its a non-starter. The brute is now insured and road legal (so I can bully VW Passat TDI's :rolleyes:)' but there is a developing problem with the gearbox. Gear changes get progressively more difficult if the car is driven hard. Anybody got any ideas for different oil?

Guys who did the engine work were deeply doubtful about the gearbox handling the power for any length of time...

Christmas bonus (if any) is marked for a 2 new bumpers (toying with the idea of mk 2's) and a full respray.

Last edited:
Back