Technical I have a starting issue with my 1996 barchetta. The fuel pump fails to engage. The car turns and sparks. All fuses are ok as is the relay.

Currently reading:
Technical I have a starting issue with my 1996 barchetta. The fuel pump fails to engage. The car turns and sparks. All fuses are ok as is the relay.

DRSC

I have a starting issue with my 1996 barchetta. The fuel pump fails to engage to prime the injectors when the ignition key is turned. The car engine turns over and sparks and sparks when the key is turned further but again the fuel pump is not engaging and there's no fuel to the engine. All fuses are ok as is the relay. Can you help?

I have a starting issue with my 1996 barchetta. The fuel pump fails to engage to prime the injectors when the ignition key is turned. The car engine turns over and sparks and sparks when the key is turned further but again the fuel pump is not engaging and there's no fuel to the engine. All fuses are ok as is the relay. Can you help?

Does it have a FirePrevention System

With a reset button..?

I can't see any reset button.
I'm fairly sure the cut off button has not been pushed, but how is it reset?
The button is down between the driver's seat and the door on top of the seat support cross chassis memeber.

You will see a round rubber circle in the plastic matting.

You push the button to reset the inertia switch.

The button is down between the driver's seat and the door on top of the seat support cross chassis memeber.

You will see a round rubber circle in the plastic matting.

You push the button to reset the inertia switch.
I've just been and pushed the 'fuel cut off switch' under the drivers seat and the fuel pump still fails to engage. Do you have any other thoughts?

Can you not hear the fuel pump starting when turning the key to the MAR position (where all dashboard lights are lit) ?
It's fairly loud and can't be missed. If no sounds from pump then check the fuel pump relay in the box under the bonnet. Will you hear/feel the pump relay clicking? If not try knocking on the relay, inspect the connector. If relay works then either your pump or it's connector is dead, check it via hatch in the hood area.

Back