General picture of relays...whats what?

Currently reading:
General picture of relays...whats what?

Ok heres a pic of the relays in the box on the battery tray. Which one is for the rad fan? Thanks (y)
DSC03346.JPG

tell the truth buddy i would take them all out replace them and clean the relay area you dont no how long the relays been in the car

Sorry it's a different relay box to the one on my Marea, however on the Marea it was a black relay. I have always found that the problems are due to poor contact between the relay and the socket so take them out and clean them is good advice. If you can spray the blades with switch cleaner, or even WD40 it will help clean off the corrosion. Plugging the relay back in with the solvent on the blades "washes away" the insulating layer. I worked out which relay was controling the fan by getting a short piece of insulated wire, stripping the ends and then shoving it into the switch contacts. I think the coil on a Marea is a switched earth so 12 v is available on one of the coil contacts. If you dont have a multimeter you can make up a test light for this sort of thing.

Thanks for the info guys. Went to the scrappers yesterday and all the relays had been pillaged, apart from one Bravo where there were 3 of the 4! Guess which one was missing?! Yup the one I need :rolleyes:. Would the Marea 155s have this relay?

Right I did an ePER search and it gave me a certain code for the relay. Typed this into google and found same product on another web site but it shows the red relay for the the ePER code, grrrr Im confussled :confused:

i dont think either of my bravos had the red relay, but its hard to remember tbh.

just replace them all to be sure, checking their connectors carefully for rust or dirt.

Back