fiat 500.JPG

500 Picked up yesterday!

Introduction

Hi All

Just to post a picture of the new 500 we picked up yesterday afternoon!

It`s already had a good run, nearly 80 miles and it drives beautifully. After all the recent posts about poor handovers and wrong spec cars, I have to say that we had a perfect new car experience from Rockingham Cars - the car was beautifully prepared, handover was very thorough, and the sales manager even paired my wifes phone to the car for her as part of the procedure!

When we got home there was even a call from the garage on the answerphone to ask if we had had a good trip home (we are approx 50 miles from the dealership) and if we had any queries which had been missed at handover. We used Rockingham as they were very clued up about the scrappage scheme and extremely helpful even though the whole purchase was done over the phone without a visit to the dealership until collection.

If the rest of the ownership of the car is as good as this then we are onto a winner! As per the other thread I will of course phone FIAT CS to let them know aout our positive delaership experience! :D:D:D
Nice to hear about your good experience. The car looks lovely. I love the wheels, I've ordered the same ones but wasn't sure about them so I am nervous but seeing yours I now know I've made the right decision :)

That looks sweet! Great to hear about your experience, my pickup is coming up soon and I'm a little worried about it!

Saw your car when I took BIBI in!! Looked very nice!!:) Rockingham was the dealership I rang Fiat customer care about re: the great service:D Glad your experience was the same. I have had a few issues since picking her up last year and they have been fantastic every time, wasnt the nearest dealer to me but has been worth the extra mileage to go there!!

Do ring FCC and let them know ,it made their day when I rang praising a dealer rather than complaining (y)

Slim, I'm also in Leicester. Why didn't you get your jamjar from Sturgess? Thats where I had a test drive. They only had a stop and start one free. He let me go out on my own and I had 3/4 of an hour in it. Gave it a bit of welly up towards fosse park.

cheers4now

Slim, I'm also in Leicester. Why didn't you get your jamjar from Sturgess? Thats where I had a test drive. They only had a stop and start one free. He let me go out on my own and I had 3/4 of an hour in it. Gave it a bit of welly up towards fosse park.

cheers4now

Hi FXTRADER, Went to sturgess first but their attitude was cr@p and I wasnt even offered any info, he just seemed as tho I wasnt worth bothering with......not what I wanted when I was going to spend my hard earned cash, so popped over to Rockingham......what a difference!!!! might have been further and even more now we've moved a bit further towards leics. but well worth it!!! :D

slimgimliiiiii i saw ur shiny yellow car in oadby, leics today ;P
its beauttifulllll

Awwwww!!!!! Thanks:) She did have a beauty bath this morning as was covered in flies from a weeks driving lol:p I still love her to bits specially when I get glimpses of her in shop windows lol. Am still amazed that more people havent gone for the yellow??:confused:

Have you succumbed to a 500?? hope I didnt miss a chance to do a 500 wave and flash??:eek:

looks better in the yellow than i thought it would. did you consider a black stripe as in stu's? think that would contrast brilliantly with that colour :)
Yeah, yellow with a black stripe was my first choice, but the car is my wifes and she chose CCCAB, although I must admit I do like it now, especially the stripe which gives it a bit more presence! Got to get used to all the admiring glances though, as no sooner had we collected it, we pulled in to a filling station to refuel and came out to find someone peering in through the side window! He was most apologetic and said what a great car it was! Also got flashed twice on the way home by other 500 drivers, reminds me of having a "proper" mini.

Have you succumbed to a 500?? hope I didnt miss a chance to do a 500 wave and flash??:eek:

i have indeed :p:D:)

but i'll have to wait until september for delivery :(
mines a standard bossa nova but it should look special with my planned graphics and stickers :)

until then...i'll keep a lookout for yours :D

nice car love the colour scheme watch the wheel's with kerb's had 2 refurbed since april :mad: ( not me the wife ) :worship: that will teach me to drink when we go out and let her drive home :eek:

Thanks for the tip mark! The wheels are nice now, I chose them because I think that they`re going to be easier to keep clean than either of the multi spoke options, but they do appear dished outwards and hence prone to kerbing!

Back