Phone Rant!!!

Currently reading:
Phone Rant!!!

Why o why when you have a problem with stuff you have to ring a bloody number that a computer answers then you get placed in a sodding queue that never ****ing answers..

Justs rings n rings n rings..

So you ring again, then finnally answer..

****ing companys like this do my nut..

And when you finally get through to a real person, you find you are talking to Ahmed on his handsfree (basically, so all the other 'operators' can have a really good laugh at your inability to; a. Hear him clearly. and b. To understand him) on the other side of the world.

And why, oh why does Ahmed & his pals think I give a flying F*** about the cold, damp weather 'we're having' (when he's stuck in a Bombay sweatshop so can't see his weather) or how our pathetic excuse for a cricket team is faring (not that I follow cricket since Sir Frederic of Truman stopped playing)?

And why do they ask if there is anything else they can help you with?
If there was something else, I'd have moaned about it from the off.

nope invilid invalid does fit tho

I keep telemarketers on as long as i can as they dont effect my efficiantcy i can watch tv and nod politly and say um

I liek the ones when they try n flog me a contract mobile when i dont need one and its cheeper on pay and go and such I think it was orange when i rang customer services and moaned about been cut of after 10 mins teach them to try and open my pocket

I sometimes miss the good old days when I was listed in the phone book. I used to run little competitions to see which salesperson would hold the line the longest "Excuse me for a moment, I've got to turn the oven down"...
Or I'd invite the double glazing bods round to give me a quote to replace my recently installed double glazing - and when the rep points out my new glazing I tell them that I tried to tell that to the salesperson, they wouldn't listen & perhaps they could go back & tell them so they'd stop ringing me:D

Sometimes, I'd keep them on for ages, listening to their patter & have them on the edge of coming round before asking if I have to pay them or do they invoice the council ("council?" "yes, I rent off the council, does that make a difference?" (I don't, but they don't know that:D))
The council ruse was always good for double glazing, insulation, cladding, driveways etc.

I did have loads of fun when I changed to cable. My new cable number was an ex-BT number so I was listed as Mr. XX who happened to live a few miles away. Kept getting calls for him which turned out to be great fun - especially when his bank phoned to talk about 'my' huge overdraft & underpaid loan.
They wanted to take me through security questions but I told them, they phoned me, how do I know they just weren't trying to wheedle my security details to scam me?
In the end, I agreed for them to take huge monthly payments out of my account to pay back the loan & the overdraft on the other account.
I wonder what Mr. XX did/said when he saw his next statement:D
Dozy twonk should have told his bank he'd changed numbers & moved house.

Last edited:
I did have loads of fun when I changed to cable. My new cable number was an ex-BT number so I was listed as Mr. XX who happened to live a few miles away. Kept getting calls for him which turned out to be great fun - especially when his bank phoned to talk about 'my' huge overdraft & underpaid loan.
They wanted to take me through security questions but I told them, they phoned me, how do I know they just weren't trying to wheedle my security details to scam me?
In the end, I agreed for them to take huge monthly payments out of my account to pay back the loan & the overdraft on the other account.
I wonder what Mr. XX did/said when he saw his next statement:D
Dozy twonk should have told his bank he'd changed numbers & moved house.

Haha thats funny. lol....

I did d a little search on the ol intermanet and found a direct numer.

Rang them, its rang twice straight through.

we are ex directory and do anyone remember the mess up Loans.co.uk made by sellings loads of private info last year.

Since then, we have been inendated with calls trying to get us to sign up to stuff. You can always tell when its them ringing, you hear my mum shouting at them. lol

an invalid is a person who is incapacitated by illness or injury.

invalid can also mean "no longer valid".

Last edited:
doen the council trick and turning my tea down trick before. done a lot including just the plain old go f**k yourselves.

My favourite one was winding up a landscape company who called me to the point they were coming, until i lied and told them its a tower block.

Back