General Petrol To Diesel?

Currently reading:
General Petrol To Diesel?

mishka83

Little Firecracker
I currently have a 1.2 petrol and am considering changing for a 1.3 diesel, any tips or advice?

I am led to believe that a diesel will give better fuel economy, and they tend to last longer and depreciate less?

If i'm talking rubbish please let me know!! :p

Hi alison,

Yes a Diseasal will give better mpg and last longer (usual caveats about servicing being carried out etc excepted)

However the fuel is dearer and usually diseasals are dearer to buy, so unless you are doing a fair amount of miles it may not be an economic change.

Trev

I recently changed to a 07 1.2 active to a 57 1.3 MJ diesel, I travel 40 miles a day to and from work and have found that a tank of fuel is lasting a lot longer and am getting an average of 53.4mpg wheras in the 1.2 I was getting 44mpg I know it's not much but based on that I've work out I'm saving £15-£20 a month, plus there is the added benefit of £30 a year road tax!(y) I think for it to be worthwhile you do have to drive distances, when I just do short journeys around town the MPG seems to be lower

I went from a 1.4 petrol to my 1.9 mjet and i don't regret it for a moment. I am currently getting about 400 miles a tank compaired to 270 out of my old petrol as they have the same size tanks that is a real saving. The insurance is very reasonable to considering the power of the mjet. I also like the way the engine delivers the power you get a very satisfying surge.

I've got the 1.3 75hp diesel. And it's a lovely car. I usually get about 55mpg and on a long run I got 64mpg :slayer: and as said above the £30 a year tax is awesome. I wasn't expecting much form the engine due to it size but it drives lovely and at motorway speeds it's great and seems to be well geared

I've got the 1.3 75hp diesel. And it's a lovely car. I usually get about 55mpg and on a long run I got 64mpg :slayer: and as said above the £30 a year tax is awesome. I wasn't expecting much form the engine due to it size but it drives lovely and at motorway speeds it's great and seems to be well geared

you know it make sense!(y)

Back