General Petrol Thieves

Currently reading:
General Petrol Thieves

Watch out there seems to be a new craze (renewal of an old one), especially in the Leeds/Doncaster area.

Last week a workmate of my g/f had her petrol filler pipe cut under the car and the fuel siphoned out while parked in Leeds.

This weekend the g/f filled the car up and went to Doncaster for the morning. On the way back she thought it was strange to be showing half a tank but put it down to old Fiat electrics.
Going to work in Leeds this morning the gauge rapidly descending and she pulled into a petrol station.
Basically whoever was cutting through the pipe got disturbed and left it with a slit in.

So while driving over the last 2 days she has poured about 35litres of fuel out under the car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily there were no explosions but its worth checking if your gauge is acting strangely.

f**king s**t round here. Radio Aire (Leeds) reported car theft is highest in Leeds than the rest of the country:(

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

Sorry mate, your car's buggered!lol. I'm only kidding. Studentville seems to lack car theivery. My mate has a brand new punto up there..never been touched!

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

I thought that would be why they don't use metal for petrol tanks?

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg

Oh and I also believe petrol in its liquid state isn't flammable. Assuming they puncture at the bottom where it is all liquid and the chance of vapour is very very low, it's also fine.

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Are you being sarcastic about my useless knowledge stevie?! Just want to help out any fellow petrol stealers ;)

Should I remove the above? Somebody might take offence at such info?

Petrol isn't THAT expensive yet, a tank is still only worth a lot less than the average CD player in a car. Collecting it is difficult and as you have mentioned, can be dangerous, I doubt this would take off as a major crime, it's much easier for them to skim your credit card :(

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Sorry Steve, just sometimes think my additions aren't wanted, glad this wasn't true in this case :)

----------
Uno_sign.jpg

Back