Petrol Prices !!!

Currently reading:
Petrol Prices !!!

What Car published test results last week stating that so called 'performance' fuels only got 0.5mpg more than 'normal' fuel despite being on average 7p more per litre.

Liam

remember when Diesel used to be cheaper than unleaded?
Why did it swap round?
Nothing to do with Diesels becoming more popular I spose :rolleyes:

I thought it was more to do with their emissions and particulates?

sorry i dont remember them days lol its all gordon browns fault he must be buying his wife a expensive xmas present lol

need to get the money some how
so lets VOTE him out haha

The fuel prices go up and down because of the stock market and the Arabs playing silly buggers with the price of oil, not because of the Government. They set the rate of tax during the budget and that normally remains unchanged until the next budget a year later.

So if Gordon Brown is voted out, who do you want to replace him and why?

Every one forgets it was Norman lamont who put in place the fuel escalator that raised tax at way above rate of inflation and I think people have forgotten that it was Gordon who stopped the tax escalator and then froze fuel taxes for most of the period since 2000.

As for reducing taxation, he can do that to a certain degree like he did with energy prices that started to be taxed under good ol' norman but he's not allowed to remove them altogether. The other side is that if you reduce taxation what are you going to reduce spending on?

any1 but gordon brown cnt stand him
hes been tonys blairs bitch for 10yrs and now its like he anit got a clue about the country

hes on about pull 1000troops out of iraq that wont happen until usa do cos britian bums american lol sorry but its true

i went down for my interview 4 the RAF and was told il be expected to go to iraq in a years time so says alot about it if brown dose call for a vote he will make all theses promises but once hes bk in power will change his mind because "bush" has its all the same they all lie and say they will cut taxes and bla bla bah and never do and if they do its not 4 long

sorry to rant and rave lol but it hacks me off when they say " oh we pull 1000 troops out" so it looks good on them but hes not the 1 in that warzone 24 7 for 4months or how ever long

i think we should show the men and women in iraq and afghan alot of respect

Problem is, you've not said which Minister would do a better job and why. You might not like Gordon Brown though at least you know what his policies are, but to replace him you need to find a minister who has policies that you do like. If I vote for a minister it's not because of whether I like them as a person or not, it's whether they have the policies that I feel will be best for the country.

So on that basis, can you name the ministers that have policies that are better than Brown's and what those policies are?

Personally I tihnk Labour have done a smashing job so far. They can improve on some things but overall, I'm happy.

Went down to Morrisons earlier to fill up the Mondeo, 93.9p/ltr, so no rise in price yet.

Back