Tuning Performance chip for 1.2

Currently reading:
Tuning Performance chip for 1.2

DarrenR

Anybody done this on their 1.2 was it worth the money any performance gains ???
Also my wife's 500 is a dialogic I presume this wont make any difference if the engine is tuned slightly ???

Anybody done this on their 1.2 was it worth the money any performance gains ???

Sorry to say, probably not.

There seems to be a general consensus on the forum that tuning &/or remapping the 1.2 is not worth the hassle. FIAT have already tuned the engine from 60>69HP for the 500 and any easy pickings have already been taken.

If you want more performance, trade the car in for a TA.

Sorry to say, probably not.

There seems to be a general consensus on the forum that tuning &/or remapping the 1.2 is not worth the hassle. FIAT have already tuned the engine from 60>69HP for the 500 and any easy pickings have already been taken.

If you want more performance, trade the car in for a TA.

May well do in a year or two my wife loves it and got one in colour spec she wanted, it would cost a lot to trade up to same spec TA.
Thought a chip tune may give it bit more ooomph if not I'll keep saving for a TA :)

May well do in a year or two my wife loves it and got one in colour spec she wanted, it would cost a lot to trade up to same spec TA.
Thought a chip tune may give it bit more ooomph if not I'll keep saving for a TA :)

I thinkl you'd be better saving your ££££ for a TA. Hopefully you'll be able to get one before too long (y).

Back