Paypal vs Item Collection

Currently reading:
Paypal vs Item Collection

Lmao. It'll have been 5 weeks this Sunday since he collected the item. I've today received a message saying 'its not working, I'm not happy'. :rolleyes:

Whys it taken nearly 5 weeks to contact me about this....

I'm just going to reply with 'it was fully working when removed (as it was) and as I explained when you collected the only reason it was stripped from the shower and available for sale was because the shower water solenoid had failed and we needed a shower and couldn't wait for the part so purchased a replacement. Have you checked that you have a power supply to the unit, and that internal cutoff within your shower hasn't failed due to a fault with the origional heating element?'

Will see what his reply is, but tbh telling me nearly 5 weeks later is too long really IMO. If you've a shower thats failed and you buy a replacement part I'd have thought most people would fit said part within a few days?

My son sold two old IMac's on ebay last year. They were both working, just old and slow. The buyer collected and paid cash. Later that day he emailed and said that one would not switch on. He made all sorts of threats to my son including bringing the police around to arrest him lol.

We looked on ebay for advice, and as I understand it, the fact that he called and collected, and paid cash meant he had no case. Because he had a chance to look them over.

After numerous stupid emails I responded and said that I would be sending the police to HIS house for harassment and as I had a evidence of such they WOULD be paying him a visit. He, on the other hand had no case as his issue was civil law whereas harassment is criminal law. He emailed back, apologised and said that his nephew had used the wrong power cable or some nonsense. He then called me to say it all again and beg me not to send the police to him.

Im not sure if your case would be different due to the fact that paypal was offered as the payment option, but the the fact that he has emailed you confirms that you supplied the items so I would say he has no case against you.

I truly hate ebay.

With regard to the other comments here about proof of postage, I had a case last year where someone sent a package to me via Hermes. She had proof of postage but the package never reached me - the courier had left it in a porch at the wrong house, so they had no signature. I got my money back so the sellers proof of shipping proved nothing.

Last edited:
My son sold two old IMac's on ebay last year. They were both working, just old and slow. The buyer collected and paid cash. Later that day he emailed and said that one would not switch on. He made all sorts of threats to my son including bringing the police around to arrest him lol.

We looked on ebay for advice, and as I understand it, the fact that he called and collected, and paid cash meant he had no case. Because he had a chance to look them over.

After numerous stupid emails I responded and said that I would be sending the police to HIS house for harassment and as I had a evidence of such they WOULD be paying him a visit. He, on the other hand had no case as his issue was civil law whereas harassment is criminal law. He emailed back, apologised and said that his nephew had used the wrong power cable or some nonsense. He then called me to say it all again and beg me not to send the police to him.

Im not sure if your case would be different due to the fact that paypal was offered as the payment option, but the the fact that he has emailed you confirms that you supplied the items so I would say he has no case against you.

I truly hate ebay.

With regard to the other comments here about proof of postage, I had a case last year where someone sent a package to me via Hermes. She had proof of postage but the package never reached me - the courier had left it in a porch at the wrong house, so they had no signature. I got my money back so the sellers proof of shipping proved nothing.

proof of shipping means nothing for an item not received claim
proof of delivery does
proof of posting provedes a defence against a payment reversal over a dispute purchase
eg the buyer claims through their card provider
POP will be enough to defend that with Paypal

Well after my post 3 weeks ago, its took buyer until 10th March to reply to my questions with 'Refund please' No responce to the questions asked. So replied asking for him to answer them again, no responce, so as its been over 60 days since sale I raised the case as a dispute with eBay.

Will take upto 48 hours for ebay to review etc etc, with 1 minute they'd responded with this via message to my ebay account.

Dear MEP,
s.gif
Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
s.gif

The buyer is not eligible for a refund.

Decision:
This case was decided in the buyer's favour. Although you won't have to reimburse your buyer for this transaction, the case will still be counted when determining your seller standing.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

So they're saying that they've agreed with the buyer but because I insisted on COC and it didn't go through PayPal he's not got a leg to stand on.

However when I then log back into the case this is ebays responce
Customer Support has made a final decision and the case is closed.18 Mar, 2012 at 13:55

Customer Support comments:
Since eBay Buyer Protection only covers items purchased with PayPal, we decided not to issue the buyer a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case.
Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

Which doesn't say anything about it not being in my favour. Typical of eBay tbh, but I'm glad that its finally sorted. Getting fed up with selling tbh, always seems to be the seller in the wrong no matter what most of the time.

This is why a lot of people just end up giving stuff away on Freegle etc.

Not worth the hassle on Ebay a lot of the time.

Back