Technical Passenger door - wont open from the outside

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger door - wont open from the outside

Arron899

After a run with getting the airbag ecu fixed on a friends fiat 500 pop, ive noticed the passenger door doesnt open from the outside.

In all honesty i havent looked into the issue much so for all i know it could be a child lock(if they have them) but before i go digging around in the door panel are the lock actuators a known problem on these?, if so how much skin am i going to lose off my knuckles replacing one?.

Cheers

Ok, problem kind of solved the door handle bar that goes down to the lock was popped off from the door handle, its "refitted" it but it seems like its missing a bush or something to hold it more securely, does anyone know where i can get it from or is it part of a full door handle?

cheers

Ok, problem kind of solved the door handle bar that goes down to the lock was popped off from the door handle, its "refitted" it but it seems like its missing a bush or something to hold it more securely, does anyone know where i can get it from or is it part of a full door handle?

cheers
Is that the "clip" that holds the rod in place?

It does come as part of the handle and if they've been out before which is probably the case with yours they often pop out as the teeth that grip onto the rod when it's pushed in the first time, get damaged when you pull them out. I've never been able to find the part on its own so I've adopted a tiny cable tie to hold it gently so it won't pop out. If you tie it in the right place it won't compromise the return of the handle when you let go.

Back