Technical Passenger airbag disable switch

Currently reading:
Technical Passenger airbag disable switch

Currymunster

Hi everyone, good Christmas I hope. I have the airbag light on. Did a scan and it says the passenger airbag disable switch.
Did a search and found some info on a modified wiring loom from the switch to the ECU.
Containing a new earth lead.
I checked mine and there is continuity to earth from the switch plug. So I took the switch apart and found the slide tracks tarnished and dirty. So I've cleaned them up and put together. Cleared the DTC and I'll see what happens on drive tomorrow. It usually comes back quickly. My question is does anyone know what the actual fault with the wiring is. As it looks like the mod look is very difficult to get hold of. I can't find any info on the actual fault...,...,..

Almost forgot
2004 Punto. 1.2 8v

Hi everyone, good Christmas I hope. I have the airbag light on. Did a scan and it says the passenger airbag disable switch.
Did a search and found some info on a modified wiring loom from the switch to the ECU.
Containing a new earth lead.
I checked mine and there is continuity to earth from the switch plug. So I took the switch apart and found the slide tracks tarnished and dirty. So I've cleaned them up and put together. Cleared the DTC and I'll see what happens on drive tomorrow. It usually comes back quickly. My question is does anyone know what the actual fault with the wiring is. As it looks like the mod look is very difficult to get hold of. I can't find any info on the actual fault...,...,..

Almost forgot
2004 Punto. 1.2 8v
I think the new wiring just allows a fiat approved wiring for the airbag switch that improves the existing earth by using a longer earth wire that bolts to the dashboard bracket. I suppose if you do a DIY job and crash you could have your insurance invalidated.

I think the new wiring just allows a fiat approved wiring for the airbag switch that improves the existing earth by using a longer earth wire that bolts to the dashboard bracket. I suppose if you do a DIY job and crash you could have your insurance invalidated.
Hey Judderbar,
Thanks
From what I can tell the new loom is basically the two wires from the switch. The main wire from the ECU to the switch and then the earth white from the switch to a ring terminal bolted down to one of the ECU mounting bolts.
I just wonder if the fault is the earth or the main wire
I've just done 108 miles and after cleaning the inside of the switch the light has stayed off. I'm hoping it's the switch in my case as it would have gone back on by now. But it's nice to know the actual fault. Knowledge is king as they say.

Passenger airbag light still off. It really looks like it was the switch at fault. I hope so.....

Back