General Parrot Bluetooth - any tips?

Currently reading:
General Parrot Bluetooth - any tips?

Panda4X4_Skydome

Going into a 2005 panda. Should this work out of the box using the parrot iso cables - or do I need to pick switched live from the cigarette lighter ?

Thanks

Mine is plugged into the back of the radio. Didn't need to touch the cigarette lighter...

Hi which parrot have you got? I've the mki9000.
Remove the glove box. Pull out the stereo. I taped and covered up all the bits around that area as seeing scratches in the plastic would drive me mad. Disconnect the radio put the parrot wiring loom into the left hand corner and push if down. Look up into the area where the cables come down and ziptie the control unit to something solid. Connect all the cables. Reconnect the cables pull the door rubber trim off and run the mic cable all the way from the inheritor light and sunroof opening area. Pop the switch panel for the sun roof and pull the cable through. Reattach and locate the mic.rebuild your car. The input cables can be routed into the glove box. My controller is positioned in the right hand corner of the radio. Good luck.

Ah, any tips. If your using it with an iPhone get something else. Mine forgets my phone so doesn't work, its not the phone as I've had different iPhones since first installing the parrot. End the call and the iPod side starts playing. but then try actually using the iPod connectivity on
The parrot and most of the time if fails to work. I will never own a parrot again. Absolute ****. How its survived in the car for so long on do not know. But my wifes parrot, an old 3100 always works, always finds a phone and the call quality is better.

Ah, any tips. If your using it with an iPhone get something else. Mine forgets my phone so doesn't work, its not the phone as I've had different iPhones since first installing the parrot. End the call and the iPod side starts playing. but then try actually using the iPod connectivity on
The parrot and most of the time if fails to work. I will never own a parrot again. Absolute ****. How its survived in the car for so long on do not know. But my wifes parrot, an old 3100 always works, always finds a phone and the call quality is better.

My parrot did this too until I swapped live feeds. You have your permanent live feed attached to an ignition feed I think.

It's a CK3000. I've pulled the radio out and connected it up with the supplied ISO lead but nothing happens. Tried swapping red/orange wires as well.

I'll try another parrot base unit - maybe this one is duff.

Thanks for the tips on routing mic via sunroof switch.

Ah, any tips. If your using it with an iPhone get something else. Mine forgets my phone so doesn't work, its not the phone as I've had different iPhones since first installing the parrot.

Never had an issue with our Parrot units, in either cars, and all of our iPhones. Must be an issue with your particular unit if its not the phones.

OP, ours are plug and play, 5 min job to fit :)

On my car there appears to be no switched live at the radio so I have taken it from the cigarette lighter temporarily but any tips on a better source ?

I can't see what fuse the cigarette lighter is on to take it from the fuse panel and I can't get a wire under the carpet from the centre console to the cupholder !

Thanks in advance

On my car there appears to be no switched live at the radio so I have taken it from the cigarette lighter temporarily but any tips on a better source ?

I can't see what fuse the cigarette lighter is on to take it from the fuse panel and I can't get a wire under the carpet from the centre console to the cupholder !

Thanks in advance

Just plug and play on our Eleganza, and it seems to work, I take it doing this on yours didn't :confused:

It's a CK3000 and it does work but then doesn't turn off (lights on control pad stay on when car is locked ). Tried swapping red /orange over but then it didn't work. Parrot website says some don't have switched live - seems odd though that some do just work and mine is similar age (Sep 05) to Weesmurf u think from recollection.

It's a CK3000 and it does work but then doesn't turn off (lights on control pad stay on when car is locked ). Tried swapping red /orange over but then it didn't work. Parrot website says some don't have switched live - seems odd though that some do just work and mine is similar age (Sep 05) to Weesmurf u think from recollection.

Does seem strange. Just take the feed from the cig lighter like you say. It's only a signal feed so doesn't take any load (y)

Back