Bravo Paolo2112

Currently reading:
Bravo Paolo2112

Paolo2112

Hey all, can anyone help me??? I own a 2009 Fiat Bravo Multijet 2.0 turbo diesel 165bhp and the radiator has sprung a leak. I cant afford the 400+ bucks (GBP) to have the work done at a garage but also, I'm having a really hard time sourcing information with regard to Fiat manuals to do the job myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a free Haynes/Fiat workshop manual or a site that I can download one trouble and cost free?? Many thanks in advance:worship:

You're in luck, I have the same car and only changed the radiator myself about 4 weeks ago. I do have access to a lift however....
I'll try give a step by step for you.

1. Jack the car up and support with stands.
2. Drain the coolant from the system using the drain plug.
3. Remove both front wheels and then all the screws holding the wheel arch liner to the front bumper.
4. Remove screws from the front bumper in the wheel arch and underneath. Remove the bumper and disconnect fog lights, sensors etc.
5. Disconnect and unbolt the horn.
6. Remove both headlamps.
7. Next, I think you have to remove the crash bar. Held on with 8 big bolts, it's a bit heavy so be careful. Some small plastic trim around it too, that has to go.
8. You'll then see the intercooler, aircon radiator and behind all That, the coolant radiator. Disconnect both intercooler pipes and then remove the screws for the intercooler. Take it off.
9. Remove screws for the aircon radiator and move it aside. Don't disconnect the pipes as the gas it toxic and simply moving it carefully will prevent you having to recharge the system.
10. I think that's everything out of the way now. Just unclip the pipes from the radiator, unplug the fan and remove the two top mounts. It's a bit tight, but it should just come right out the front.

To refit, just do the opposite of above. Took me about 4 hours to do from start to finish. Be sure to bleed the cooling system too and check for leaks after.

Good luck,
Aido1196

Many thanks for your help and advice!! I'll give it a go!!!! Wish me luck. One more thing! ........The top and bottom hose connections look tricky! Is there a nack to getting them on and off properly??

Many thanks for your help and advice!! I'll give it a go!!!! Wish me luck. One more thing! ........The top and bottom hose connections look tricky! Is there a nack to getting them on and off properly??
It can be time consuming and a bit fiddly.
For the hoses, just pop the clips and wiggle the pipe free. They can be tight but don't force them the wrong direction as the connection is only plastic and can break.
For putting them back on, a smear of grease around the radiator connection can help. Not too much, just a small bit. Should be golden then [emoji16]

Thats insane, Aldo. :eek:

In the Stilo, all you had to do to remove the radiator was drain it, remove one panel underneath ( 4 screws), squeeze the quick fit connections to remove the inlet/outlet pipes, undo 2 more small screws and the radiator slid down under the car!

Back